Author Topic: In need of advice  (Read 1533 times)

drains

In need of advice
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:38 PM »
Having a fathers day get together at my inlaws Sunday and I'm doing the cooking. I figure pulled pork sammies with smoked baked beans and tater salad will fit the bill. So I know that I can go ahead and cook the butts and freeze it then warm it up the morning of the shindig. That's not a problem, however when I went to get the butts I found two choice grade briskets for 1.99 llb. Of course I snapped them up but now I have all this pork in a brine to smoke tomorrow. So can I freeze the briskets? How long will they last in the fridge?  The last two butts took 18 hours. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:58:17 PM by drains »
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: In need of advice
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »
Sell by date on the brisket was 6/27, which to me means they could either be frozen or left in the frig and cooked for the 4th of July.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

mizzoufan

Re: In need of advice
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
My usual rule is 1 week in the fridge, sometimes stretching to 2 or it goes in the freezer unless I got something with a sell by date that was close.  Post smoked, it's not unlimited, but I have left a point in the fridge for about 3 weeks (still vacuum sealed from when I froze it) because something kept coming up with scheduling between myself and the friends that were coming over for burnt ends.
Steven from KCMO