Author Topic: Question before buying?  (Read 789 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
    • View Profile
Re: Question before buying?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
I am glad that I saved a little longer and went with the #3. I love that I can smoke whole racks of ribs and full packer briskets without having to cut them in half.

Plus like others have said, I like to smoke jerky and snack sticks and it doesn't take much to fill up even my #3 with jerky/sticks.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Durangosmoker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »
I have a #1 at my cabin in Durango, and a #2 at home in the Hudson Valley, both analog, and can say that both of them can produce remarkable product.

As for choosing between them, as others have said, get as much room as your budget allows. I am not one to cook mixed meats at the same time, but there have been times when I wish I could have smoked more racks of ribs simultaneously, for example, rather than having to do two smokes.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

pappabear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
Before I bought, I was considering a #1. My brother suggested I get a #2 and glad I did. Still need to cut ribs in half, but I have the room if I need it. Always go a little bigger than you want if you can afford it.
Gary
Acme Pa
USAF Vet
Retired coal miner