Author Topic: Big Mac Pizza  (Read 618 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
    • View Profile
Big Mac Pizza
« on: December 23, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »
*Note I have been making my own pizza dough for over 30 years. I have tried par-baked crusts and I have always been disappointed until now. I found Brooklyn Bred Pizza Crusts at my local Publix grocery store and it is a amazing. The photos below are with that crust, check out your local grocery store to see if they carry the brand, they have been making pizza dough since the 1930's, using 00 flour.
*Note since this is a par-baked crust, I baked the pizza at 450 degrees.

Ingredients:
½ lb. ground beef (add to pan with some salt pepper, cook until done and then drain and allow it to cool).
3 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
3 oz. grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped sweet onion
¼ cup chopped sweet dill pickles
1 ½ cup shredded lettuce
Sesame seeds

Sauce:
French Dressing & Big Mac Sauce

Big Mac Sauce:
½ cup mayonnaise
2 T French dressing
6 t sweet pickle relish
2 T finely minced sweet onion
1 t apple cider vinegar
1 t sugar
1/8 t sea salt
Crust:
12” pizza skin

Instructions:
Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500 degrees for one hour. Stretch pizza skin to 12” diameter, brush some water on the rim of the crust and top with sesame seeds. (If using baked crust, you can cook on a rack at 425)

Next lightly spread French Dressing sauce on the pizza skin. Add meat, then onions, then cheese and finish with the dill pickles.
Bake for 6-9 minutes until the cheese is melted (check bottom, don’t burn) remove from oven and then cool on a rack for 4-5 minutes.  Apply Big Mac Sauce and then top with lettuce, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:45:26 AM by gregbooras »