Author Topic: Maverick Waterproof Probes  (Read 4646 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Maverick Waterproof Probes
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
Ever since one of my Maverick probes died I have been waiting to order the new Maverick waterproof probes. I finally ordered two of these new waterproof probes from FireCraft last week:
http://www.firecraft.com/product/maverick-et-735-hybrid-probe-pr-014/bbq-thermometers

They are backordered until 3/9, but I will do a full review after I receive and test them out.

In order to get free shipping I also added some Jack Daniels whiskey barrel pellets and an 18" A-MAZE-N Pellet tube smoker. I'll update my A-MAZE-N thread after I have tested this new smoke generation device too.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Maverick Waterproof Probes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »
Nice, Gregg!  Can't wait to read the reviews.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Elliottbte

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:45:34 PM »
Ever since one of my Maverick probes died I have been waiting to order the new Maverick waterproof probes. I finally ordered two of these new waterproof probes from FireCraft last week:
http://www.firecraft.com/product/maverick-et-735-hybrid-probe-pr-014/bbq-thermometers

They are backordered until 3/9, but I will do a full review after I receive and test them out.

In order to get free shipping I also added some Jack Daniels whiskey barrel pellets and an 18" A-MAZE-N Pellet tube smoker. I'll update my A-MAZE-N thread after I have tested this new smoke generation device too.

ND, I don't see "waterproof" in the description.  How do you know they are waterproof?  I have been frustrated by my 733 probes failing.  Steve is making things right but it seems The maverick design is just flawed.  I'm going to put RTV on the replacement probes but I'd like a full proof design in the first place.  I think it's especially needed in the SI since it holds moisture do well. 
Brad from Chattanooga
Smokin-It #2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
It doesn't say waterproof in the probe purchasing page, but these are the same probes that come with the new ET-735 unit that does describe them as being waterproof.
http://www.firecraft.com/product/maverick-et-735-bluetooth-thermometer-black/low-dollar-accessoies

The two included probes are a brand new waterproof design. Unlike other probes on the market, these probes can be cleaned under running water, an industry first.

I have confirmed with FireCraft who also confirmed with their Maverick rep that these ET-735 probes will work cross platform with the 733/732 units.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Elliottbte

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »

I have confirmed with FireCraft who also confirmed with their Maverick rep that these ET-735 probes will work cross platform with the 733/732 units.

Thanks ND, I also look forward to your review!
Brad from Chattanooga
Smokin-It #2

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »
Looking at the Firecraft website, it appears that the new 735 probes are also the shorties, 36".  :(  I see that they offer a 6' in the old style.  I'm curious how much a couple feet of wire costs and why they don't make them longer from the get go. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »
Yeah, I was hoping for a 6' version, but my current probes are 3' and I have been getting by, so figured these would be OK.
Gregg - Fargo, ND

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
Good info, Gregg!  I bet those probes are the bomb! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »
I m hoping so. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND