Author Topic: New guy from SW Arkansas!  (Read 3528 times)

beltcutter

New guy from SW Arkansas!
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:39:22 PM »
Hello to the forum!  I've got a few questions for you guys but the formalities come first.  I'm brand new to the smoking scene, basically.  I'm pretty much sold on these nice smokers...but have yet to order one.  That's where the questions will come in, in due time!

Greetings,

Brian
Brian from Fouke AR...the shadow of bigfoot!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: New guy from SW Arkansas!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
Hi Brian, and welcome, neighbor!

Let us know how we can help you make a good decision about your first smoker!  You can NOT go wrong with a SI smoker, and we're here to help!  We've all "been there, done that," so we can help you go from smoking novice to Pit Master in no time flat!

Hit us with as many questions as you can; what you'll get is honest answers from actual owners/users.  We all started out new, so don't let that worry you.  We're here to help!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

beltcutter

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
Yes sir,

I've explored this forum to some extent and you guys are really helpful to everyone, so I know ya'll will answer any questions I might have.  I've already learned much just from your responses to other members.  Us new guys to the smoking world can learn much from this forum.  Thanks!

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
Hi Brian. I'm having more fun smoking meats than I ever did BBQing!  Stop by anytime with ?'s, plenty of help here and you can't beat the SI smokers both quality and $$!  Welcome from DFW area of Texas!
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

beltcutter

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 11:06:50 PM »
kz0m,

Was born in Dallas (almost 57 years ago) and have always been a Cowboys fan, though I was a better fan in the '90s!

thanks for the welcome!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
Welcome Brian from Saint Augustine Florida!

Greg

Grampy

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »
Brian, Welcome from another guy in SW Arkansas! Where in SW Arkansas do you live? I am in Arkadelphia. You have come to the right place. Lot of knowledgeable and willing people here to help you.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

beltcutter

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes...you guys are so nice I might let you make a donation to the smoker I buy!  Okay, ya'll don't know me that well yet...

Jimmy,  I'm just East of Texarkana, slightly South...ESE to be official.  I'm located on my big 2 acre ranch in a rural area between Fouke and Genoa.  I'm retired from Cooper Tire in Texarkana after 33 years.  Two grown children (boy and girl), a great daughter-in-law and hardworking son-in-law. Two younger grandchildren who brighten pappy's life greatly.  My wife of 35 years works for the Genoa Central School District.

I use beltcutter as a username on other forums and I've been asked many times why that name?  I, along with other men, ran a multi-million dollar highly automated machine at Cooper that cut steel belts into different widths for different size tires.  We were known simply as beltcutters.

I'm an avid Razorback fan and love to hunt and fish.  Wow, ya'll know more about me now than I know about myself!

RG

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »
Welcome to our group Beltcutter! You'll love it here,  especially once you pull the trigger and get you a fantastic Smokin-It smoker ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 11:25:37 PM »
Welcome from ND Brian! You won't go wrong going with a Smokin-It smoker.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Brian!   Lots of good advice here, so ask away!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Bucket from NW Georgia

• Bucket from NW Georgia
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 12:36:20 AM »
Welcome Brian.  You'll find that the folks in the forum 1) know their stuff and 2) aren't shy about sharing their experiences with us "Newbies".  My #2 wouldn't be the same without the information and the support from this forum.  Enjoy!

Kaz

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »
Welcome!
Kaz - Pittsburgh, PA