Author Topic: We like BBQ. We like fishing. What about guns?  (Read 66431 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: We like BBQ. We like fishing. What about guns?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »
All of my time was not with the Sheriff's dept. I was state and private corrections combined with eight years at the SD. that gun was in service many years before I got it. But thanks for the comments.

Anyone who spent more than one day, in uniform, is a brother or sister to me.  Too much anti-LE these days, and the Thin Blue Line (especially those of us who now only make Thin Blue Smoke) will always be connected.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2015, 09:20:20 PM »
Hey Tony are you talking military or police or both? I was Navy for 4 years during the Vietnam era, and should have did my 20. But, was young and stupid, yes not foolish. But, that's life still getting good benefits from the local V.A. hospital. Great Doctors and really good food for a hospital. I have had a few operations and then they found the Cll Chronic lymphocytic leukemia this past Nov./Dec. But, have a great hematologist who teaches 2 days a week at KU Med. center. He also studied at Notre Dame so really am lucky to be in his care. But, good news blood levels are mostly back to normal and am feeling really good. Thought I would share a bit about myself with you.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »
Hey Tony are you talking military or police or both? I was Navy for 4 years during the Vietnam era, and should have did my 20. But, was young and stupid, yes not foolish. But, that's life still getting good benefits from the local V.A. hospital. Great Doctors and really good food for a hospital. I have had a few operations and then they found the Cll Chronic lymphocytic leukemia this past Nov./Dec. But, have a great hematologist who teaches 2 days a week at KU Med. center. He also studied at Notre Dame so really am lucky to be in his care. But, good news blood levels are mostly back to normal and am feeling really good. Thought I would share a bit about myself with you.

Military and police are both in my heart, and prayers, every day, Bill!  So glad to hear you are doing well with the struggle you face.  Thanks for sharing, and I wish you the best!  I'm married to a VA oncology RN (30 years), so veterans are important in our family!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

elkins20

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »
That is where my Hematologist works, in K.C. they combined Hematology/Oncology in the same area. On my last visit he changed my visits from by weekly to 6 weeks. Thanks for the prayers, and keep on smokin brother. Don't forget to try some almonds, as will have to brine them.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
That is where my Hematologist works, in K.C. they combined Hematology/Oncology in the same area. On my last visit he changed my visits from by weekly to 6 weeks. Thanks for the prayers, and keep on smokin brother. Don't forget to try some almonds, as will have to brine them.

Will do, Bill!

p.s. - finally "finished" the AR build with Magpul OD green furniture!  Pretty happy with the 2-tone look.
Tony from NW Arkansas

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Very nice!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
Thanks Dave!  Gonna build another one for my son soon.  This was my first complete build - learned a few things! 
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
Looks pretty sweet Tony good job.

DivotMaker

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
Thanks Bill! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »
Tony, having not done a build before, how hard was it and how did you learn the process? I am deciding on whether to pay out for a Colt LE901.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

elkins20

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 10:32:30 AM »
Well, RG have you and the little lady been out shooting yet. Did you get your C&C permit? A lot of times I will just buy a box of ammo  at the range. That way they have what is safe for them. Just make sure is full loads.

RG

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »
Well, RG have you and the little lady been out shooting yet. Did you get your C&C permit? A lot of times I will just buy a box of ammo  at the range. That way they have what is safe for them. Just make sure is full loads.

Nope, not yet. I've been slammed at work and when I get home I just want to eat and sleep, lol.

DivotMaker

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Tony, having not done a build before, how hard was it and how did you learn the process? I am deciding on whether to pay out for a Colt LE901.

Bob, it's not difficult to complete a 80% lower receiver, if you're reasonably handy with tools, and want to invest in a jig.  I used the 80percentarms.com system, and it works fantastic!  As long as you have a good drill, and a router, you're good to go!  I used a Bushmaster full upper assembly, and Magpul butt stock/grip/hand guards (furniture).  So, not including the jig and a few small specialty tools that I didn't have, I have about $600 invested in a new rifle that I built without going through the Federal firearms license process!  No serial number, and 100% legal!  When you buy a 80% lower, the trigger well is not milled, so it is not a firearm, legally speaking.  At this point, it is a hunk of aluminum!  Once milled, it is a firearm, but you have the right to manufacture a firearm for personal use.  I can never sell this AR.  Do a search on "AR-15 80% lowers" and you'll learn a lot!
Tony from NW Arkansas

RG

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2015, 04:06:37 PM »
I finally got in all of the junk accessories that I ordered. I put the grip extenders on the mags and I have everything ready to load into the range bag. I can't wait to go shoot these things but it looks like it'll be next Friday if I am lucky. I wished I lived in the sticks, I'd go out back and let it rip!

DivotMaker

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
Looks like you're all set, Jason!  Now let 'er rip!
Tony from NW Arkansas