Author Topic: Made a new batch of sausage this past weekend. Love the sausage hangers.  (Read 2708 times)

MNGuy1959

• Every Day is a great day for smokin'
Well, this is the second time I made sausage in my Model 2, and I love the sausage hangers.  Well, we had two smokers, my Model 2 and my buddies Model 3.  He has 4 hangers and I have three.  Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but the results were fantastic. 

If anyone is interested, I will post the recipe.  I modified it quite a bit from the original post, and this sausage is fantastic.  It includes brown sugar, red pepper, garlic water, paprika, and quite a bit of black pepper.  Not overly spicy, but just a hint of heat.  Also the meat was 70 lbs of ground Boston butt and 30 lbs. of extra lean hamburger. 

We made 100 lbs. last Saturday.  My garage smelled fantastic and I am giving away a lot of this to my friends and family.  It has been a big hit. 
Gene from Minnesota
Proud owner of Model #2, Auber, and Jerky dryer

The worst smoking results are still better than being at the office!!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Nice job Gene.

I would have loved to have seen some pictures of that.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Sounds great, Gene!  Need pics to drool over next time. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!