Author Topic: Family Sausage Recipe  (Read 9578 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Family Sausage Recipe
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »
Just an FYI, that I just created a new topic with my family recipe in it if you want to compare and combine some of both.

Brian, I think I had the incorrect TenderQuick amount when I pm'd you my recipe in the past. The correct amounts are in the following thread:

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=2264.0
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »
Very nice, Gene!  Looks like some fantastic sausage! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

MNGuy1959

• Every Day is a great day for smokin'
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
Thanks Brian, Gregg, and Tony for your responses.  Very much appreciated. 

Gregg:  Your recipe is definitely more of what I am looking for than the one my family used.  I am going to try yours in a few weeks and I will let you know the results.  I am having more fun with my smoker this fall than I ever have. 

BTW, I purchased a power cable for programming the Auber to turn on the Jerky fan after two hours (using the R1 parameter).  I am trying to recall who posted that idea, but it was worthwhile purchasing this cable.  I now have a set it and forget it method for making Jerky.  Gregg, this could be handy for your snack sticks. 
Gene from Minnesota
Proud owner of Model #2, Auber, and Jerky dryer

The worst smoking results are still better than being at the office!!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 01:25:02 PM »
Thanks Brian, Gregg, and Tony for your responses.  Very much appreciated. 

Gregg:  Your recipe is definitely more of what I am looking for than the one my family used.  I am going to try yours in a few weeks and I will let you know the results.  I am having more fun with my smoker this fall than I ever have. 

BTW, I purchased a power cable for programming the Auber to turn on the Jerky fan after two hours (using the R1 parameter).  I am trying to recall who posted that idea, but it was worthwhile purchasing this cable.  I now have a set it and forget it method for making Jerky.  Gregg, this could be handy for your snack sticks.

Hey Gene, hopefully you like it. Let me know how it goes.

I am definitely planning on getting that cord if/when I order my Auber. It isn't a super big issue for me right now. But it is definitely on my wish list.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

GeeBee

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »

BTW, I purchased a power cable for programming the Auber to turn on the Jerky fan after two hours (using the R1 parameter).  I am trying to recall who posted that idea, but it was worthwhile purchasing this cable. 

Gene, that was me. I don't remember the post or date now, but that's how I do all my Jerky Dryer stuff now. You've got it right, go to the R1 parameter and tell it when to kick on, come back later and remove the finished product! ;D
Gary in Hebron, Ohio
#2 with Auber PID and happy about it !

MNGuy1959

• Every Day is a great day for smokin'
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 10:45:37 AM »
Hi Gary:

Thanks so much for the Jerky dryer cord recommendation.  I tried it for the first time last Friday (I ordered the cord through Tiger Direct), and it worked awesome.  After 2 hours, the dryer turned on, and it was all done in about 6 hours.  Another reason why this forum is so valuable.  I get to meet great people on here, and get some ideas I would never come up with myself!!

Very much appreciated!
Gene from Minnesota
Proud owner of Model #2, Auber, and Jerky dryer

The worst smoking results are still better than being at the office!!