Author Topic: Felt like a little rib action  (Read 2367 times)

RG

Felt like a little rib action
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
No pics off of the smoker, they were devoured with the quickness. Actually, that's not entirely true. The picture that was taken was after the carnivores shredded the ribs and I had to brush them out of the way to snap a grizzled plate of carnage, lol.

I'll go ahead and post it, but you've been warned!  :o

On the Little Traeger that could

Oh the humanity!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:56:20 PM by RG »

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Felt like a little rib action
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »
Jason,

The ribs look excellent, congrats.

Greg

RG

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »
Thanks Greg. I was going to do them on the #3 but I just went ahead a tossed them on the Traeger. I will be smoking two 9.xx pound butts on the SI Monday night though :)

Barrel99

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
Forgive my curiosity Jason, but that's a lot of pork butt. Are you having people over, or are you freezing some? One butt lasts awhile in my house.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

RG

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:20:24 AM »
I am smoking one to give to the guys at my plumbing/hvac supply house for saving me about $1000.00 on a new furnace, coil, a/c. Also for referring me to an installer who saved me quite a bit too. A $6000.00 job (parts and labor) only cost me $3000.00 so I am grateful! The least I could do is take them some lunch. I am going to make some potato salad up today and let it chill in the fridge for a couple of days to marry the flavors. I'll bake them up some cookies too. Some potato buns and a little sauce and pickles and a cold Coke ought to round it out. I actually did the same for my mechanic a little while back for taking care of me, the only difference was I gave them cheap buns and I made coleslaw instead. His crew raved about it and he even let some of his customers eat it, lol. He STILL talks about it and it was months ago :)

Here's some pictures of that since we're talking about it, lol

The second butt is going off to the N. Georgia mountains in a cooler with my wife. She is going camping with her mom and some family members and that will be their dinner Tuesday night. They're staying in a cabin by a river so I am not sure that really qualifies as camping. They go every year and it's a tradition to take along a butt for the first night's meal. I am happy to oblige.

Now, how's that for a long answer?  ;D ;D

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 08:01:02 AM »
Pork looks great also Jason!

Greg

Barrel99

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
That's a great answer Jason. Sounds like you will be making some folks quite happy including the wife and family. Gratitude can be shown in many ways, but some wonderful food always warms everyone's heart. I intend to do the same for the incredible workers who are renovating my house. A great way to give thanks. Thank you for the response. Didn't mean to be nosy, just interested.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!