Author Topic: smoked Lamb riblets  (Read 1910 times)

40 caliber

smoked Lamb riblets
« on: November 04, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
I found these at the local grocery store. not cheap at $6.99 a lb but had to give them a shot. i bought enough to fill a couple racks. I marinated some in a stubbs marinade (the green bottle , don't remember) and the rest I just tried straight. I put killer hoggs rub on one batch, used a killer hoggs on the marinade and also put carribean jerk on another batch. They were all good!  I have not had much lamb but this makes me want to try more. I dont have a picture of when they were done but they basically turned into lamb lollipops as they shrunk back on the bone.  They would be good for appetizers at a party but you wouldn't want a meal on them. you would need a lot and it would cost a good amount.  I think i preferred the marinade on them but i would make them either way if i didn't have the time. Everyone that tried them liked them.

I used cherry once and maple the next. No difference with the wood, just use your favorite. smoked at 250 for 2 hours and they were done! granted they were already cut into strips which probably sped them along.  i broke the rules and checked these a couple times to make sure they were ok. you may need to go longer depending on how many ribs you load in the smoker so be careful.

Tom From NH
My two favorite things are  my Victory Motorcycle riding the tail of the dragon. and making the CUE!