Author Topic: My First Brisket  (Read 2192 times)

tenthplanet79

My First Brisket
« on: November 25, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »
I smoked my first brisket with the #1 model.  It was 14 lbs, so I had to separate the flat from the point to make it fit.  Smoked it at 225 and it took 14 1/2 hrs for the flat to reach 195.  The point was at 202 within that same time frame.  I just did a basic salt/pepper rub; nothing fancy.  I did wrap them both in foil when it hit the stall around 170.  After the smoke, I wrapped it in foil, placed it in a cooler, etc.  All tips that I learned on this forum.  Thank you all for that!

All in all, it came out great.  The flat was juicy and I was able to slice it into thin strips.  The point was almost too juicy.  I couldn't cut it because it just fell apart.  Not a bad thing, but I probably should've waited until tomorrow to cut it so it could solidify in the fridge overnight.  I ended up just using the meat from the point to make sliders with Hawaiian rolls.

Thank you all for the tips and recommendations on this forum.  It certainly makes it easier to be successful smoking all kinds of meat.

Rick from Rock Hill, SC

barelfly

Re: My First Brisket
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »

Outstanding! What a way to come in with your first post! Congrats and welcome!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

LuvMyQ

Re: My First Brisket
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »
Yes, using the SI and the forum makes it easy.
Terry from Indiana
3D WIFI
Weber Performer (Kettle in a cart with a gas igniter)Formerly owned WSM 18"
Never had a gas grill
I love technology
Counting the years to retirement