Author Topic: Auto tuning after bypass?  (Read 1989 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Auto tuning after bypass?
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
If I bypass the standard controller, does it still matter whether the dial is turned to 250 when I do my auto tune of the Auber?

If my smokes were all single program smokes, do I still need to do a multi program auto tune?  Is this the same thing as a simple start?
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

GeeBee

Re: Auto tuning after bypass?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »
Dave
If you bypass the controller, you've taken it out of the electrical "loop" and it makes no difference what the dial is set on, it's now a non functioning decoration. The purpose of an autotune is to set the Auber to your particular smoker. You do a multi step autotune program to try and cover all situations. If you look at the post about autotune results, you'll see readings all over the place. I don't have an explanation for this, other than it's not a scientific experiment. I personally think I know what the Auber settings should be for Smokin It smokers, but that's just my opinion. Once the Auber is autotuned for your particular smoker, you're good to go on any way you want to use it.
Gary in Hebron, Ohio
#2 with Auber PID and happy about it !

es1025

Re: Auto tuning after bypass?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
You dont, but my program is for a 30 minute warm up to 170 to get the wood chunks smoking nicely, than go to the desired temp. You can set the program inside your house. The auber remembers the last program.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?