Author Topic: Pork Butt for co workers  (Read 1883 times)

Kutch98

Pork Butt for co workers
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »
So my co workers and myself just finished a 45 day class with some Air Force Security Forces members.  On our cleanup/graduation day I thought it would be cool to bring in a 7.5lb pork butt...mostly as an excuse to use my #2.  haha.  Did DM's Brine for about 10 hours, rinsed and covered and mustard and some Bone Sucking Sauce rub and into the fridge for about 22 hours.  Put it in the smoker around 0630 Sunday morning, pulled it around 9:15 that night.  Let it sit for about an hour wrapped in tin foil then shredded it.  Put about an 1" in the crock pot and sprinkled on some more rub, and continued doing that until it was full.  Next morning I put in a bit of apple juice and brought it to work.  Everybody came back into the office around 11 and kept asking what the smell was.  In my office I had the crockpot going with 3 packages of Kings Hawaiian Rolls along with some Carolina and regular Heinz BBQ sauce.  Needless to say it was a pretty good lunch.  One guy said it was restaurant quality and another wants me to do a brisket for him for his promotion ceremony next month.  Guess I need to read up on how to do one!  haha. 
Jake, Alamogordo, NM/Effingham, IL
SI #2
Anova Precision Cooker.
Blackstone 28” griddle
Pit Boss Lexington 500
USAF 04-present
Married

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Pork Butt for co workers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »
Great butt, Jake! 8)   It's SO easy to impress the co-workers, with the great Q we can make!  I did 9 racks of ribs for our truck drivers, last Friday, and the comments were off the chart.  And, they went so fast I realized I should have smoked twice as many!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Re: Pork Butt for co workers
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
Way to go Jake!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN