Author Topic: tryin spares for the first time on Sunday  (Read 8080 times)

BIG BOB

Re: tryin spares for the first time on Sunday
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »
I have posted pictures before ( when my 26 year old daughter was here to help me) i have pictures, but need to remember how she put them on this forum.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
Hey Big Bob,

To insert an image, or a few, when you reply to the thread, just under the text box field, click the 'Attachments and other options' link.  The link will expand and you then click on 'Browse'.  At that point, locate the picture you want to upload from the folder where you have saved it and then add the attachment.  If you need to add multiple pictures, then select 'more attachments' as many times as you need to depending on the number of pictures you want to add.  As you select the pictures, you will see the file name within each field. 

Once you are done, and you have typed anything you want to include in the textbox, then you select post which will upload your reply with the pictures attached.  You can also preview before you post.  Hope this helps and we are looking forward to those pictures.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:08:36 PM by Smokster »
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

shomesmoke

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
BIG BOB,  Sounds like a great cook and lots of good eats. If you need more room sell your #2 to your buddy and try a #3. The extra room is nice to have! As for the temp. control your maverick may have been correct, on my #3 to cycle between 220 and 230 degrees I have to set my dial one mark under the 250 mark.
Mark from Missouri
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
Good to hear of your success, Bob!  I found I had to spread the clip on my Maverick just a little to make it hold tight in our shelves.  That way, it'll stay out of the way of the meat drippings.  I think, like many of us, you'll find the liquid pan and no foil method a whole lot more convenient - and easy!  That's what these smokers are all about!  Again....that's why they don't allow our "Lazy Q" smokers in the competitions!  lol ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BIG BOB

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
ok thanks guys.... I will work getting the pics from my phone to the computer....

Shomesmoke.... I am not sure - the first part of the cook -  I was set at 225 and my swings were from 247-209 it was loaded with ribs. the last hour -only 4 ribs were left it never got above 213 but swung down to 190. Like I said - I think the mav had sauce on it, so a good cleanin and try some boilin water for temps.

Great Ribs though.

Divot-  I agree about the clip, and my next ribs will be water (loaf) pan and no foil!!!  thanks.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.