Author Topic: How do you guys post pictures?  (Read 6805 times)

es1025

How do you guys post pictures?
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »
i have a mac and I am trying to post some of my pork butt pictures, but have no idea how to do it?
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: How do you guys post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
When you post, you'll note a black box with a plus sign beneath the text widow with the label "Attachments and other options".  If you click that, it will give you the ability to add attachments.
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

afratki

• Owner: Smokin-It #1
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
The only problem I've had is the file size being too large. I downloaded a free program that allows me to resize the pics, I think the max size to post on this forum is 1.1GB. I'm a PC user so I can't recommend a program.
Andrew from Maryland

Let's Smoke!

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
Honestly, you can use Microsoft Paint that comes with your Windows OS to resize or resample the files very easily and quickly.  It also can efficiently crop them.

I've got a copy of CorelDraw (with PhotoPaint) I've been moving from computer to computer for years.  But I'll admit that when I'm in a hurry I just open us Paint and go with that.   ;)
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
A good way to change the size of your pics is Microsoft Paint in Windows...sorry, can't recommend a good one for Mac.  :-[   I usually take photos with my phone, email them to myself, save them on the computer, then edit.  First thing is to change the size in Paint to less than 500k.  Next, I'll crop and change the lighting effects (if needed) in Picassa.  Picassa is a free photo editing program that I've had great success with for many years. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
I may have a solution, take pictures with windows phone and email to my mac. We will see tonight.
Ed from Northern NJ

es1025

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »
All
I figured it out.  Need to take picture with my windows phone and then email to myself.  Check out my pulled pork pictures..
Ed from Northern NJ

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
Ha!  Guess I should have mentioned that in my post.  That's how I do it, too, Ed.  I use my HTC One, then email them to me.  I save the pics in a BBQ Pictures file, then edit them for size (phone takes some pretty big pics on my current settings).  Sorry I didn't suggest that before!  Just thought you were talking about pics already on your computer.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »
I use the email method on my desktop computer but with my Android Tablet I use Image Shrink Lite (free)... You simply click 'attachments and other options' below and hit browse, select image shrink and then select your picture program you browse with on Android.  Once the pic is selected imageshrink will prompt you for size.

I have no idea if it's available for ipad or iphone...
Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

es1025

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
I use my smartphone its a windows phone. I take the picture and then email to my mac and then post. Thanks for all the guidance.
Ed from Northern NJ