Author Topic: Hopefully an easy fix  (Read 1524 times)

Dan9327

Hopefully an easy fix
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »
Good afternoon,

I have a 3D and was set up to smoke some pork this morning. Put the brined butts in and set it up for perfection. Turned on the power, set up the program with probe for 190 and smoke at 225. Checked back about 2 hours later and no power at all. Outlets are working that it’s plugged in to, just no power the the smoker.

Any ideas? Is there a fuse that may have blown? Any help would be appreciated.
Dan from Southern New Jersey
Novice guy with a 3D smoker

barelfly

Re: Hopefully an easy fix
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
Reach out to Steve, he is usually very helpful in these instances. There may be a fuse in the unit, but I am not familiar with the innards of the digital auber, so can’t help there. I think there are some posts and such on the board that discuss some of this that I’ve seen posted over time, but I’d call Steve for assistance.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
There are no fuses. If your unit is still under warranty, Steve will help you trouble shoot the problem and get you back up and running.  The smoker is warranted for 3 years, the digital controller for 1 year.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Dan9327

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »
Well great news. I did some digging around threads and found the issue. 2 of the 3 wires coming from the plug to the relay burned up. Burnt up the box insulation a little but it was a simple enough repair. A few snips and a couple wire nuts, I’m back in business. Happy it didn’t burn up completely, just charred some insulation.
Dan from Southern New Jersey
Novice guy with a 3D smoker