Author Topic: tatonka dust  (Read 4086 times)

EFGM

tatonka dust
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
Anyone have any sitting around they would get let go of?
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
Re: tatonka dust
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
Just started reading about Tatonka Dust...   can you elaborate a little on it please... looks interestering
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

EFGM

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:19:42 PM »
Just started reading about Tatonka Dust...   can you elaborate a little on it please... looks interestering

Sure Bobby. It came from Owens BBQ up in North Dakota when it was available. A very unique rub that is/was great on everything. They ran out of one of the key ingredients and have been trying to reproduce the dust ever since. Had to change packagers as well, which sent them back to square 1 for all ingriedients. Good people, good rub. I used it on chicken, pork, and now use it only on steaks and a sprinkle on top of Dalmatian rub on my hunks of Goodness. (Brisket) on my last bag so I thought I would see if anyone by chance had any leftovers not being used. I speak with them every 4/5 months to see if they are any closer. They tell me not to give up the ship, but they want it to be right. If and when it comes back you must try it. The best and consistent bark and flavor profile.
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:16 PM »
Thanks for the info.....  looks like something worth trying. Thanks for the tip!
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector