Author Topic: Baby backs are back  (Read 7246 times)

ibbones

Re: Baby backs are back
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 11:44:36 AM »
+1 for the baby backs. The others are ok, but if I get my choice it's definitely bb's.
Ha ha, I am the other way.  I look for St. Louis ribs before BB's.  Nothing against the BB's but I like the St L's better.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »
+1 for the baby backs. The others are ok, but if I get my choice it's definitely bb's.
Ha ha, I am the other way.  I look for St. Louis ribs before BB's.  Nothing against the BB's but I like the St L's better.

I'm with ya 100% Bones!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

SmokinSusie-Q

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »

+1 for baby backs, as you know from my previous post.  None of my spares have been half as good.  Before my own smoking attempts with both , I always preferred spares.
Sue
Cedar Point, NC

Nimrod

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
+1 for the spares or SL cut
Our HEB has spare racks on for 1.19 per lb this week :)

Dave from Lufkin, TX
Smokin-It #2
Weber Genesis and one shop built offset (certified) sanctuary for red wasps

drains

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 10:45:04 PM »
I saw that too Dave. I plan on being among their first customers in the morning. Practice, practice, practice. Tough job but somebody has got to do it.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

pargolfr2003

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
I'm pretty agnostic on this debate. I like baby backs and SLC's. Usually comes down to what's available in my grocery store and how they look. I'm not a smart man nor a talented man, but my ribs kick ass regardless of type.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:11 PM »
My local Sam's switched to Smithfield 3 packs of back ribs about a month ago.  They were OK, but sure weren't as meaty as the IBP brand they had always had.  Last weekend, I saw they switched back - woo hoo!  The 3 pack was more than a pound heavier than the Smithfields (9.64 lbs for 3 racks).  There was SO much meat on them I darn near had to get out a knife and cut them like a steak! lol. 

I've said all that to say it only reaffirmed my preference for back ribs over spares!  They were awesome!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smoken

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
I like both but would have to say Baby Backs I have two racks on right now on the #2
Joe-St Louis Mo.
Smokin-It #2