Author Topic: Just had a round of babybacks from Tony (AKA "Divotmaker")  (Read 12027 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Just had a round of babybacks from Tony (AKA "Divotmaker")
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »
Hey Trevor, in addition to the baldridges seasoning, I might suggest John Henry's pecan seasoning. It is really out of this world, but the BBQ store has a whole wall of seasonings and rubs. It is very easy to find, take I-35S to exit 220 (119th st. exit) turn left and at S. Strang Line Rd. turn right then take 1st right into parking lot. You will see the store on your right.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

trevorgrout

• Trevor from NWA
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
Ok, so since you have tried both (I presume) which do you like better?  John Henry Pecan Rub or Baldridge Seasoning?
Just curious.

elkins20

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Actually have not tried the Jim Baldridge seasoning, But have used the John Henry pecan on ribs, a chuck roast and a Boston Butt. I have also used John Henry Cherry / Chipotle rub on some ribs. I really like the pecan rub the best. I have also used it in bbq beans, and have tried the Texas BBQ rub, and did not care so much for it. I hope this helps, as is best to try some to see what you and your family really like. Lately I have also been adding McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning, just a lite sprinkle after the mustard and rub. It adds a bit more kick and heat.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
Trevor,  I order Baldridge Secret Seasoning direct from www.baldridgeseasoning.com.  In fact, I just received a new order!  If you know you like it, and want to buy in bulk (less shipping), they have a good deal on a 4 lb food service tub, + 1 12 oz. shaker bottle, for $50 with shipping.  That lasts a long time, and you can refill the shaker bottle!

Lots of good rubs out there, but I've never had better flavor on beef than JBSS.  Good stuff!  Order a small bottle, from Amazon or Baldridge, then you'll know if you want to order bulk.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »
I just checked and could not find this on amazon, which is really strange. I would suggest checking a local bbq store in your area. I know the K.C. BBQ store in Olathe, Ks. carries the small bottle.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
Bill, they used to sell it on Amazon, but must have stopped.  They are a small, family operation, and probably could not keep up with the demand from Amazon.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »
I think like you Tony would order it from their web site if he wants it shipped. Seems like Trevor gets to K.C. and I gave him directions to the K.C.BBQ store. That will save on shipping since he is here.

trevorgrout

• Trevor from NWA
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 07:50:13 PM »
Thanks guys, Honestly I may just buy it online....but next time I go to KC I will know where it is.
Thanks for the feedback
Trevor

elkins20

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »
Your welcome, glad to be of help.