Author Topic: Just had a round of babybacks from Tony (AKA "Divotmaker")  (Read 12087 times)

mizzoufan

Re: Just had a round of babybacks from Tony (AKA "Divotmaker")
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »
Haven't had it licensed for the last couple of years because I was riding ~1k miles a year and paying $140/mo (garage in apt complex and insurance), but it's a 2006 Triumph Sprint 1050 ST.  Used to be a Katana until I had a disagreement over ownership of the center line with a Suburban.  It was a tie for the vehicles, but I ended up with the short stick for operators
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »
Damn hope you were not hurt. I have installed an air horn on my bike. It is a 2006 Harley Softail Deuce, Vance & Hines curved pipes. And still sometimes people will try and take me out. With the 1250cc motor I usually just zip around them and give them the high sign. I have not put very much miles on mine this year due to all the rain. But, now am getting some saddle time in. I used to ride with a group that would meet at the airport and make a circle around 435. But, they dropped the start time to 6:00am too early for me.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
Haven't had it licensed for the last couple of years because I was riding ~1k miles a year and paying $140/mo (garage in apt complex and insurance), but it's a 2006 Triumph Sprint 1050 ST.  Used to be a Katana until I had a disagreement over ownership of the center line with a Suburban.  It was a tie for the vehicles, but I ended up with the short stick for operators

That's why I quit riding, after my son was born.  I had way too many "disagreements" like that, and just no longer liked the "risk vs. reward" ratio.  Guess I'm a chicken, to some, but there's just not enough "crumple zones" installed between my butt and the pavement.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 10:57:01 PM »
Lately have been worried about a blow out at a high speed. And have been doing more side roads at speeds around 35mph. Which would still peal hide off. But, I also still get the call of the wind. When that stops will sell the bike. Also is good freedom and stress reliever. And love riding horses but do not have the room for one. This is my iron horse.  8)
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »
This is my iron horse.  8)

Totally get it, brother! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

mizzoufan

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
Yeah, that one was my fault.  I was playing all day and didn't take frequent breaks to see if I was tired or not.  At the point of the 'disagreement' I was lollygagging back to camp and apparently got tired and lazy because there's no reason to be anywhere near the center line when in a right hand sweeper.  Pretty sure I was actually doing the speed limit (ok 5 over) at that point, but for the curve it doesn't matter...pretty sure that set of sweepers could have been taken safely at 150.

All in all, it wasn't too bad.  I got a minor concussion (helmet was toast) and a cracked scapula from caving in his driver's door after my front wheel hit his rear (head on) and ripped it out.  Bike didn't look too bad until you saw that 1/3 of the front wheel was missing...then found...in the engine block. 
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
Hey Steven, Sounds like your co-pilot was doing his job protecting you. Thank God you was not seriously hurt. And normally the bikes loose in accidents. I have heard too that even if you just drop the helmet they are toast. I just recently purchased a full face helmet off of Ebay for a decent price.

mizzoufan

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 03:34:15 PM »
You're a braver soul than I am.  I wouldn't buy gear off ebay
Steven from KCMO

elkins20

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
It was brand new, size x-small, yes I have a small head. Also was a Harley helmet, less than a year old as he enclosed the sales receipt from the Harley store. Mostly just by cooking utensils from e-bay..

es1025

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
I am jealous! Sampling tony's ribs must be magical!
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 02:16:09 PM »
I am jealous! Sampling tony's ribs must be magical!

Thanks, but that's the beauty of the SI!  I guarantee yours are every bit as good, if not better!  We have everybody SO spoiled to what "real" BBQ can taste like! ;) ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
Ain't that the truth, you just hit the nail on the head Tony...  ;D

trevorgrout

• Trevor from NWA
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »
Well, I am in Farmington which is on the way to Fayetteville from Prairie Grove.  So where is my smoked food Divotmaker??  ;D ;D

Just kidding!!!  One of the great benefits to this forum is that it eliminates a lot of trial and error.  For instance, I am a brand new smoker and who knows how many years it would have taken me to realize that brining and using famous dave's ribrub make an excellent pork butt!! What is Google Scholar's motto "Stand on the shoulder's of giants", well that is sort of what we do when we use this forum!  That is why I love it here! Even though I use an old cookshack, they seem to cook the same as the SI's.

I hope to try my hand at beef, but I am gonna try and order the Baldridge seasoning before I go for the brisket though.

elkins20

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 06:33:46 PM »
Hey Trevor, Check the price at the K.C. BBQ store, for Baldridge seasoning. They have a wide selection of rubs and seasonings. Not sure about their shipping costs, but is a short ride for me on the bike. As they are in Olathe, Ks. I just checked and is $11.99 for 12 oz bottle. Here is their website address: http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/products/jim-baldridges-secret-seasoning
Not sure but I think Tony/Divotmaker gets it off of Amazon...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:38:38 PM by elkins20 »

trevorgrout

• Trevor from NWA
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
Hey thanks for the headsup. I go up to kc occasionally and I may wait till I go up next to get some of that seasoning.

Trevor