Author Topic: 10 lb. pork butt ready for smoker  (Read 13754 times)

bigbassnutt

Re: 10 lb. pork butt ready for smoker
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »
The last couple I have done, I did away with the brine and just injected. I mixed apple juice and melted butter and some of the rub (Famous Dave's rib rub). I have a magic bullet mixer that I put the rub in to make it a finer texture to get through the syringe. They have turned out great this way. Great flavor all the way through.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 10:52:07 AM »
The last couple I have done, I did away with the brine and just injected. I mixed apple juice and melted butter and some of the rub (Famous Dave's rib rub). I have a magic bullet mixer that I put the rub in to make it a finer texture to get through the syringe. They have turned out great this way. Great flavor all the way through.

Mike,

Until I bought this smoker, I always just injected, but adding the brine at least for me takes it to a new level.

Greg

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 05:51:46 PM »
When you have a 10 lb. pork butt (at least in our house) there is always leftovers. My last smoke, I made burritos with the leftover pork and they turned out great.

This time I shared some with the neighbors and we had some leftovers tonight. I reheated the pork in the oven with a bit of apple juice and water. Overall still a good dinner, but the smoke level taste increased and in the end you can not beat fresh pulled pork (brisket another story... ).

Greg
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:53:25 PM by gregbooras »

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:11 PM »
Looks awfully nice to me Greg!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
Greg,
If you haven't tried the pulled pork spaghetti yet, you owe it to yourself to do it once.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
Greg,
If you haven't tried the pulled pork spaghetti yet, you owe it to yourself to do it once.

Dave,

I never heard of it before, but it sounds good.

Greg