Author Topic: Grill Suggestions  (Read 10325 times)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Re: Grill Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 02:22:12 PM »
You guys are negatively impacting my Lazy Q sensibilities.....this is all crazy talk!  :o
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »
You guys are negatively impacting my Lazy Q sensibilities.....this is all crazy talk!  :o

Ha!  Good one, Bob!  You know me to be the "Purveyor of Lazy Q," and that's my M.O. 90% of the time, but there's some really great grilling that can be done out there!  As much as I love my SI, it will never match what I can do on a grill - nor can my grill match what I can do in the SI!  All good, Bob - still livin' lazy~ 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »
 :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

RSNovi

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
I am in the same boat myself.  I have had a Weber gas grill for about 10 years and it has worked flawless and will last at least another 10 years.  Since using my electric smoker it has made me realize the lack of last the gas grill is imparting.  I am seriously looking at a Cookshack PG500 for grilling.

Chris
Chris - Michigan
SM025
PG500
Tappecue
Maverick 735
iGrill 1

RG

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
I am in the same boat myself.  I have had a Weber gas grill for about 10 years and it has worked flawless and will last at least another 10 years.  Since using my electric smoker it has made me realize the lack of last the gas grill is imparting.  I am seriously looking at a Cookshack PG500 for grilling.

Chris

I do love pellet grills and THAT one looks like a doozy! If you're wanting something that can do high heat though, you'd be better off with something other than a pellet grill. I see that the one you're looking at can do 600°. If that indeed is the case, that's impressive for a pellet grill as most struggle to hit 450-500°. Not to persuade you away from it but have you considered going to charcoal?

RSNovi

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
I have been considering charcoal like a Weber or even a big green egg. My main concern is having it on my composite deck.  I am worried of an accident or melting it.

The think that did attract me to the PG500 is that it has a direct gill over the fire pot which is supposed to exceed 900 degrees in that spot.  I was also thinking it might have some of the convenience of a gas grill.

I do agree that it is hard to beat charcoal taste and the cost of a Weber kettle grill.
Chris - Michigan
SM025
PG500
Tappecue
Maverick 735
iGrill 1

RG

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 09:16:20 PM »
Check out a Broil King Keg. You can bake on it,  grill on it and smoke on it. It is a Kamado, like a Big Green Egg but it's very well insulated and the outside can be touched even if the inside is 700 degrees! Try that on any other grill,  lol. As for the deck,  just put a deck mat down and you'll be fine. One of its best features is that is portable,  can be taken to camping trips,  tailgating, etc. It has a hitch adapter and hooks right up to your receiver. Will not crack like ceramic. Very cool and it's the only Kamado in the world that does this. It's a fuel miser too, you load it up with lump and you can cook for 50 hours on a fire bowl of lump. When you're done cooking,  you close the vents,  the fire dies and you relight it the next time you're ready to cook. No waste! I love my 2 kegs ;)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
Jason, think of the matches.....the conflagration from fire.....global warming.....the children....are you sure???? ;D ;D
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

RG

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »
Jason, think of the matches.....the conflagration from fire.....global warming.....the children....are you sure???? ;D ;D

LOL. Yep, I am sure. I feel the need, oddly enough, to go outside and light up one of the Kegs just because.  :P

Barrel99

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »
I'm going through some renovations in the house and can't get to my smoker for awhile. Having some major smoke smell withdrawals 😰. I'll have to grill and throw wood on it just for the relief.

Is this Hobby called a habit or an addiction?
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

RG

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
I'm going through some renovations in the house and can't get to my smoker for awhile. Having some major smoke smell withdrawals 😰. I'll have to grill and throw wood on it just for the relief.

Is this Hobby called a habit or an addiction?

Yes! lol

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »
Arnie, you could run the SI in the house and just open the windows..... what could go wrong?  :o
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

RG

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »
Arnie, you could run the SI in the house and just open the windows..... what could go wrong?  :o

Google "Brad Delp suicide" and that should answer that question. For those that don't know, he was the singer for the band "Boston".

Also, Bob, I know your comment was tongue in cheek so forgive me for depressing the heck out of everyone  :P

Barrel99

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 03:42:40 PM »
Good idea Bob. Don't tell my wife though. I'll just put in one of the back bedroom closets. She'll never know. Like you said, "what could go wrong"?
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!