Author Topic: Bone-in VS Boneless butts  (Read 7334 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Bone-in VS Boneless butts
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »
Dave, the double-packs of Bostons I get from Sam's are the same way - well-trimmed.  I only trim a tiny bit of extra, and the connective tissue between the muscle layers.  Looks like the bone is the only real difference. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:21 PM »
I rarely trim much if anything off of my Sam's Club butts. And my fat cap usually just melts away and leaves the most wonderful bark you can imagine.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
I think the conclusion to draw is that pulled pork is pretty darn awesome anyway you cut it.... or not cut it.  LOL!
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
I think the conclusion to draw is that pulled pork is pretty darn awesome anyway you cut it.... or not cut it.  LOL!

+1! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »

+1! 8)

+2
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.