Author Topic: SI #3 First Smoke a hit  (Read 1163 times)

Big Fish

SI #3 First Smoke a hit
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:30 PM »
Lol, I didn't even have a thermometer (Maverick). Still hasn't showed up. Ribs were spot on using the 3-2-1 method. This box actually produced some mighty fine ribs without temp check. ;-) I'd post the photos, but I am too lazy to resize them all - there is a size limitation. Most software (CMS) have the resize built in.   :o

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: SI #3 First Smoke a hit
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Ernie,

I never use a thermometer with ribs - just time and feel.  Next time, try the "no peeky" method - rub, set, forget until done.  You'll be impressed how well they come out!  No foil required.

This might help with your picture posting:

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=1272.0

Congrats on the first smoke!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Big Fish

Re: SI #3 First Smoke a hit
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:13:12 AM »
I did the 3-2-1 method. I had to open it at 3. I didn't even have a thermometer to gauge the temp of the smoker. For me, it was pretty spot on. My Maverick 733 should be here today, but I am going to get the Auber.  I couldn't wait until today to test the SI #3, so I loaded her up with some spares and short ribs. The spares were absolutely fantastic - the whole rack went. The short ribs were pretty tough - I have to figure that out. My 3 dogs enjoyed them without complaint.  :)