Author Topic: Holiday deals  (Read 2591 times)

vwbrad

Holiday deals
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »
I'm feeling a bit duped after purchasing my model #1 last month.  I bought the smoker, cover, chip screen, and rib hooks, and seafood rack separately.  Now I see they are including the cover, rib hooks, and chip screen free with the purchase of a smoker for the holidays.  I should have waited... :'(

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Holiday deals
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »
That's always the way it goes, Brad.  Don't feel "duped;" there has to be a start and finish to specials.  If I knew that something was going on sale next month, I wouldn't buy now.  Luck of the draw, brother!  I got burned today with some Harbor Freight "deals" I bought yesterday (with coupons, no less), that are now "on sale" even cheaper today!  Geez....
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

vwbrad

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
Appreciate the words of wisdom Tony, I really like the smoker anyway :)

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
Hate when that happens, but like Tony said, you never really know when things will go on sale. Some places will work with you a bit but it isn't really required since sales are just that, sales.

Tony-  what did you end up getting from HF? I was eyeballing that Centec video scope, always wanted one.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 10:01:34 PM »
Hate when that happens, but like Tony said, you never really know when things will go on sale. Some places will work with you a bit but it isn't really required since sales are just that, sales.

Tony-  what did you end up getting from HF? I was eyeballing that Centec video scope, always wanted one.

Got some shop towels, clamps, gloves and a drill press.  All of them were on sale today for less than my mail coupon!  Go figure!  That video scope is pretty sweet, Ben.  Been eying that one myself! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!