Author Topic: Are these guys made in the U.S.?  (Read 11504 times)

Greenesway

Re: Are these guys made in the U.S.?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
I am eagerly awaiting my#3's arrival and have been tracking it via Fed-X.  Should be here today and WOW only 3 days to get to VA.  I will update when it arrives!  Oh, by the way I am a Vietnam Navy Vet since you guys brought up the military ties.  Wife was a Marine, Son in law combat wounded Army Iraq & Afganastsn, Youngest Daughter a Navy Doctor! We love this country and want to support the American business person! So we appreciate this forum's information and support! Once again GREAT forum!

Etex

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »
Thank you and your family for your service Greenesway.  As well as all those on here who have served.  I personally did not serve, but appreciate those of you who have and enabled us to have the freedoms we have.  My family has been in this country since before it was a nation.  There have been few conflicts that have been fought that one of them was not in.  Have two brother-in-laws that are retired navy.  One has a son that is an naval officer.  My son just left the air force after six years, last year, flying on the AWACs.   As well as I am a native Virginian.  I know you will enjoy your #3 as well as I have the last few weeks.

Greenesway

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 05:58:12 PM »
Got the #3 today only 3 days to get to VA!  Getting ready to season it tonight!  WOW what a great looking unit!  I see why everyone is so proud of their units!   

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »
Congrats, Greenesway!  It's like Christmas day!  Season that bad boy up, and you'll be ready for your first smoke!  Do about 4 hours with wood only, and don't monitor the smoker temp while seasoning.  Just set her to 250 and let 'er rip.  The temps go all over the page when the smoker is empty!  What are you going to smoke first?  I always suggest a bone-in Boston butt for pulled pork; very forgiving, and gives a good chance to stretch your legs on a long smoke, and really get to know how your smoker performs!

On a personal note - please accept my thanks for your service, and pass on my thanks for your family's service and sacrifices!  You all have definitely done your part to keep our great Republic together!  And, thanks to all our members who have served, or have been touched by family members that have.  Like you, I am always going to support the American business man (or woman) over a foreign business.  I believe Steve has a good business, and is doing everything possible to grow it into something even bigger!  Folks like us will help him and his family do just that!  God Bless America!

Check out this post when you can...

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=999.0

Tony
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Greenesway

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »
Thanks Tony,
We seasoned that bad boy up just like you said and then piled 3 full racks of baby back ribs in there. Smoked for about 6 hours and then dug in.  Had to set up a guard around the house as all the neighbors started getting really friendly?  :@)  The ribs were great and I even had few left over to take to my neighbor who owns a Cookshack! He had come over earlier to check out my smoker so I felt I should at least let him taste my first try.  By the way he was VERY impressed with the #3!
Thanks to everyone who gave advice and like you all said I do not regreat buying this smoker!  I am going to try to end this post here as my orginial question was answered by all  of the experts on this forum as well as Steve himself.  Thanks again!!!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 12:06:53 PM »
Congrats on your first success!  Not surprising your neighbor with the Cookshack was impressed - they usually are!  Welcome to the club!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
I'm sure you must have been impressed when you opened that bad boy up and then a few minutes to compose yourself.  Now that you have your first smoke behind you, this is when the addiction begins.  You must be planning your next smoke.  Congrats and welcome to the club.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It