Author Topic: Pitt Cue Co Cookbook - The Brits Smoke Too!  (Read 3969 times)

McSev2010

Pitt Cue Co Cookbook - The Brits Smoke Too!
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:55:20 PM »
On a recent trip to London, I made time to go to the largest bookstore in Europe today, Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus.  I'd never heard of Pitt Cue Company until I saw this big red cookbook prominently displayed in the front of the cookbook section. I opened it and found out that the Brits dig our smoked Q as much as we do, and this company, which started out as a London food truck, has a restaurant in London's Soho district.  I bought the book, then I made a trip to have the BBQ.

All I can say is O. My. God. The Mother Sauce is to die for, and now I know what's in it, I understand why. The basics of their lamb rub I used for my smoked leg of lamb this weekend - and it's the bomb. I was shocked to try the kimchi hot sauce - I mean really, could that be good?  I'm here to tell you it really is and completely doable with the World Market kimchi I can buy pre-made from the Asian grocery.

The book educates you and is a great supplement to any pitmaster's library.  You'll need to convert metrics for measurements, but all I can tell you is it's worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Pitt-Cue-Co-Cookbook-Adams/dp/1845337565/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381017259&sr=1-1&keywords=pitt+cue
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:58:46 PM by McSev2010 »

LM600

Re: Pitt Cue Co Cookbook - The Brits Smoke Too!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
We certainly do!  ;D
Marcus from Milton Keynes, England.

Outside : Pro Q Excel 20. Brinkmann Grill. Various Cold Smoke Generators.
Indoors : Electric Lava Rock Grill.