Author Topic: Nothing says "Thank You" like BBQ!  (Read 5270 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Nothing says "Thank You" like BBQ!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
Jason, that IS really saying something, coming from you!  I will certainly make sure Steve sees this post, and we certainly appreciate your endorsement! 

It's funny how reviled these smokers are in the "real" BBQ world, but how we can make such great BBQ in them is even more funny!  I posted, awhile back, about a guy that came to our office (for a "Driver Appreciation Week" cookout) with a $5,000 custom competition smoker, and smoked pork butts.  He was there, all night, tending his pit.  When it came time for pulled pork, pretty much everyone in the office came by and said "it's pretty good, but it's not yours!"  I got a real kick out of that, as this guy did comps all over, but my little SI beat him in the real world! 

Thanks so much for being a part of our little family here - your input, and experience, has been absolutely wonderful, my friend!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
I love my SI #2 as well. Today I went to lunch at our local BBQ joint called QDog's BBQ. The place as jammed packed full of people and we had to wait for lunch seats. I ordered a brisket sandwhich and as I was eating lunch with my coworkers I was thinking about how great my SI2 BBQ was as compared to my lunch. Then I got my bill for lunch and I really started to appreciate my SI2 that much more. I felt my BBQ brisket was better and definitely more cost effective when considering the servings. I still can't complain much about QDog's as it creates a busy atmosphere full of many happy customers. If I wanted to cook BBQ for a living I think I could make out like a bandit.
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 10:17:34 PM »
If I wanted to cook BBQ for a living I think I could make out like a bandit.

Hmm...Do I see a couple of Model 4s and a BBQ shack in your future? ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »
If I wanted to cook BBQ for a living I think I could make out like a bandit.

Hmm...Do I see a couple of Model 4s and a BBQ shack in your future? ;)

Only if I lose my day job. Then it could happen along with my move to a warmer climate. I'm envious of Greg who moved from the Midwest to better climates.
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA