Author Topic: maverick et-733 probes do not match temperature  (Read 1193 times)

NeilW

maverick et-733 probes do not match temperature
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »
Been using this unit for a month or so, And last smoke I notices the b ox was not getting up to temp, at least that is what the 733 says. Right now I am smoking some brats and I have both probes in the box and one says 223 and the other says 212. I believe the lower one is not accurate. Any ideas? Temped to send it back and pay a little more for the Tappecue Touch with two probes. Any input will help before I start wasting money

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: maverick et-733 probes do not match temperature
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 08:02:57 PM »
I would try the old boiling water check to determine which probe is off, if you have not already done so; then contact Maverick regarding warranty service.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

PulledPorkSandwich

• Smokin-it Model 2
Re: maverick et-733 probes do not match temperature
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
I agree with old sarge.  Check your Maverick in boiling and freezing water.  I thought my model 2 was way off until I did this and found that one of my Maverick probes was bad.  I replaced it and all is now well.

I actually have two Mavericks.  The probes look the same but they're not.  If your probe needs replacement, make sure you get one for the 733.  Maverick has all their probes available on their site.
Ed in North Texas