Author Topic: 3D-WiFi ordered  (Read 4447 times)

Piksil

3D-WiFi ordered
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
Talked with Steve this afternoon, he answered my questions. Ordered the SI3D-WiFi. Many thanks to this forum for all of the info!
Now the wait begins
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II

jclifton

Re: 3D-WiFi ordered
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 06:47:25 AM »
Congrats!

Shipping is fast.  Mine should be here on Tuesday.

Jason
On order:
SI 3.5D w/Big Red

Piksil

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:53:15 AM »
Jason:
That's good to know!
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 09:57:51 AM »
Care if I add you all to the map?  Piksil... you already say where you're located.  jclifton, I'll need a zip code or city/state to add you.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

jclifton

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
Please add me to the map.  Zip is 63128
On order:
SI 3.5D w/Big Red

TexasSMK

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 10:25:20 AM »
Outstanding!  WiFi----I need to check the store!

Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

Piksil

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 01:53:32 PM »
Care if I add you all to the map?  Piksil... you already say where you're located. 
Larry:
Yes! I was going to ask if "on order" qualified, or if it had to be on my patio to be on the map ;D
Thank you!
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »
Skip. You are part of the family.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Piksil

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »
Thanks Sarge!
Your reference to this site in a post on SMF is what led me here. So, it's your fault there's another mouth to feed here lol ;D
Naw, really glad you made the reference, otherwise I might be trying to fix a MES :-\
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »
Yes! I was going to ask if "on order" qualified, or if it had to be on my patio to be on the map ;D

Done and you're welcome!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

LandToSea

• 3D WiFi owner
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
I just got mine yesterday. It is a really nice design. There were a couple minor issues but I am sure they will be resolved. All of the screws on the backplate were loose so I am glad I checked all fasteners after mounting the wheels. no biggie, I took care of it in a few minutes. The other I am waiting on Steve to answer my email on. After removing the static film from the PID screen there is what appears to be a residue or damage to the plastic where 2/3 of it is opaque. I didn't want to try to use Goof Off etc to remove it not knowing what it may be and how the screen will react to solvents. Otherwise it is so simple and well thought out I am truly impressed. I will be firing it up for the burn in as soon as I get the go ahead after the direct me on the PID screen issue.

Side note, after burn in is the left over hickory shipped with the smoker good to smoke food with? Assuming there will be left over that is. I didn't realize that box store wood was not ideal until perusing the forums today and just ordered 2/3cf I won't have for the weekend.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 11:10:26 AM »
Yes to the question of using the Hickory for smoking. 😊
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Piksil

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 01:05:51 PM »
3D came Wednesday! Due to work, was not able to open and set up until this morning. (I guess "This Side Up" on multiple stickers around the box doesn't matter to FedEx :-\, but all seemed OK assembly wise.)
Now, I'm NOT tech savvy at all. We are on a 5G wireless network, but I changed my iPhone to 2G after reading Jason's note with his 3.5D setup, and the Smokin-it instructions. I'm wondering if the smoker tried to pick up the 5G signal if it's the strongest? I've tried connecting for a couple of hours now, to the point I've got to re-charge the phone! Still cannot connect. Do I have to reset my router too? (Yikes! I don't know if I know how to do that if I need to)
Even though it's after Steve's Sat hours, I'm going to give him a call... I feel so ignorant about this. It's probably something simple.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:10:47 PM by Piksil »
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
I am not tech savvy either. You should be able to run the smoker without using the app.  If you get in touch with Steve, ask him to post the wi-fi smoker instructions on the site.  Someone might be able to read them and provide some insight.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

jclifton

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
I actually replaced my router with a new firewall and separate WiFi access point and redid the connection from phone to smoker without issue.  The smoker can only connect on a 2.4Ghz network and can not even try to connect on 5Ghz.  As long as your wifi network signal is the strongest seen by the smoker it should connect.

Your not so far away I couldn't take a ride up and help you sync them up either.  I work as a systems architect so technology is kind of my thing.

Jason
On order:
SI 3.5D w/Big Red