Author Topic: Baked Beans  (Read 5430 times)

bigbassnutt

Baked Beans
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Made some baked beans in my SI2, saw a recipe the other day that sounded good so gave it a shot. Threw in some pulled pork and bacon and threw them in the smoker at 325 for a couple hours. Now what to try next....to be continued...
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Baked Beans
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »
What's the recipe, Mike?
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:52:01 AM »
Are the the beans Weekend Warrior said he was going to make?  Those he had mentioned were from the Pioneer Woman TV Show.

I have had good luck with beans in an iron skillet run on the top shelf during a smoke.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:24:10 AM by Pork Belly »
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

bigbassnutt

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
Yes, here is the link. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/08/the-best-baked-beans-ever/
I did the bacon in smaller pieces and next time I would cook the bacon till crispy before adding it in the mix. The pulled pork made them really tasty! I also didn't have djon mustard so just used a little yellow mustard. Definitely something I will make again.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
Wow, those look awesome, Mike!  My head is already spinning with my own "twist!"  Hehe.  Might be a character flaw, but I have a hard doing any recipe without putting my own spin on it! ;)   Your own twist of adding the pulled pork is great.  That's what I'm talking about!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

coachB

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »
To anyone who may be searching for a baked bean recipe, do yourself a huge favor and give the recipe shown in the link a shot.  I've got to say that this recipe is totally awesome.  I was doing this for friends and as an experiment for an upcoming wedding I am cooking for.  I am not even a fan of baked beans.  Until I tried this recipe.  I can't leave the bean tray alone.  They are even good cold!  I did them Memorial Day and I have had 3 people who tried them then call me and ask if there were any leftovers they could have.  It was a universal success.  Absolutely give these a try, you won't regret it.
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

OFFSHORE GINGER

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:01 AM »
I , just love that recipe but have never done it in the smoker always in the oven at 325 for two hours and what I like about it so much is ....................................that when you pull the beans out they are thick with no soupiness and remind me of the good ole days when Baked Beans were really Baked Beans .
[I[I .............

coachB

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
That does describe how the beans come out.  A trip down "memory lane".
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

Kmwrestle

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 07:22:38 PM »
do you use the "pork and beans" or a different kind of beans where you are adding your own pork?