Author Topic: Pork Loin  (Read 6598 times)

pargolfr2003

Pork Loin
« on: September 22, 2015, 07:18:12 PM »
First try at this.  Came out awesome!
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

Grampy

Re: Pork Loin
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »
Tim, nice job. That looks good. Pork loin has become one of my favorites to smoke.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:20 PM »
Hey Tim,

The pork loin looks really good, if you would share with the process!

Thanks Greg

pargolfr2003

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
This was a 3 pounder. Brined for 18 hrs then rubbed with Killer Hogs rub. Smoked at 225 for about 2.5 hrs with 3 oz of hickory. Wrapped in foil and rested 30 minutes. This definitely won't be the last time I make this.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:50:56 AM »
This was a 3 pounder. Brined for 18 hrs then rubbed with Killer Hogs rub. Smoked at 225 for about 2.5 hrs with 3 oz of hickory. Wrapped in foil and rested 30 minutes. This definitely won't be the last time I make this.

Thanks Tim,

I will put this on my to smoke list also!

Greg

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 07:40:15 AM »
Excellent job, Tim!   The loin looks perfect and tasty!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

drains

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 10:19:32 AM »
Looks great Tim!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

Donmac

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
That looks tasty Tim, nice work!
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »
Nice job, Tim!  I love to smoke full loins!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »

Hey Tim, very nice, was wondering how did you like the flavor of the killer hogs rub? Just curious how the flavor was.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

pargolfr2003

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »
Bill the Killer Hogs is good. I watch a lot of videos from their website so thought I'd give it a shot and haven't been disappointed. When I don't have time to make my own this is a good way to go.
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle

smokeasaurus

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »
That poke loin looks perfect.
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

mtnevis

• Razorback
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »
Smoked my first pork loin today. Learned a lot from the information in the posts. Brined in DivotMakers brine. Brined. 4.5 lb pork loin for 24 hours. Rinsed well after brining, rubbed with spicy mustard then into smoker. Set temp to 225 degrees and within 2 hours internal meat temperature reached 150 degrees. Removed it and wrapped in foil for about 2 hours.  Sliced meat thinly and it was very tender, moist and wonderful smoked flavor.  Did not even need  bbq sauce.  Per DivotMaker did not need to brine 24 hrs...which is good news for prep time for me.  I was just somewhat surprised it reached 150 internal temperature so quickly.  I was planning on more like 5-6 hours!  This is only the second time we have used our new SI #1 smoker.  Smoked salmon last weekend which we had shipped home from fishing trip to Alaska past August. It too was divine. Really depend on SI blog for helping me learn about smoking.
Arkansas Razorback

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
Smoked my first pork loin today. Learned a lot from the information in the posts. Brined in DivotMakers brine. Brined. 4.5 lb pork loin for 24 hours. Rinsed well after brining, rubbed with spicy mustard then into smoker. Set temp to 225 degrees and within 2 hours internal meat temperature reached 150 degrees. Removed it and wrapped in foil for about 2 hours.  Sliced meat thinly and it was very tender, moist and wonderful smoked flavor.  Did not even need  bbq sauce.  Per DivotMaker did not need to brine 24 hrs...which is good news for prep time for me.  I was just somewhat surprised it reached 150 internal temperature so quickly.  I was planning on more like 5-6 hours!  This is only the second time we have used our new SI #1 smoker.  Smoked salmon last weekend which we had shipped home from fishing trip to Alaska past August. It too was divine. Really depend on SI blog for helping me learn about smoking.

Congrats!

Greg

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »
Bill the Killer Hogs is good. I watch a lot of videos from their website so thought I'd give it a shot and haven't been disappointed. When I don't have time to make my own this is a good way to go.
I too like his recipes and videos, I have used a couple of his techniques for doing a brisket and a Boston Butt. They work pretty good in the SI's. Just have not tried his rubs. I am hooked on John Henry's pecan rub, I also add a sprinkle of Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. It works good for me.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri