Author Topic: Fruita Wood vs Smokinlicious  (Read 2689 times)

Stix

Fruita Wood vs Smokinlicious
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:52:04 AM »
Hey Guys, i wanted to place an order for wood chunks but not sure which company is better. Have only used pellets to smoke. Really wanted to try the peach wood from Fruita but smokinlicious has been recommended as well. Any thoughts? Thanks Ted!

Jimeo

Re: Fruita Wood vs Smokinlicious
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
I’ve ordered from both and was happy with each.  Used Fruita for the same reason, wanted post oak which smokinlicious doesn’t carry.  If going with Fruita consider the cookshack cut for $3 extra, nice smaller pieces, a lot less splitting required.
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:49:01 PM »
I too have used both and was very satisfied with each one.   I don't think you will go wrong ordering from either, so I suggest using the one that has the type of wood you want to smoke.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »
I also order from both....  never had a bad order from either for what its worth
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:22:37 PM »
I think it depends on what wood species you want. Smokinlicious is more limited in their selection, because they only carry local woods. If Smokinlicious has the wood you want, I would order it from them. Then order all the other woods from Fruitawood. Both are good.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
...What Kari said. ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!