Author Topic: stole from walmart today  (Read 3156 times)

paidin

stole from walmart today
« on: February 20, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »
$2.58 a pound!!!  I saved $17  yay!  And its not even going to go bad for a week and a half!
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: stole from walmart today
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »
Good deal!  What grade?  Most of the ones I see at my Wally Worlds are Select or Choice.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

paidin

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
I do not know what grade but I generally smoke briskets from walmart and they have always been great!
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
I do not know what grade but I generally smoke briskets from walmart and they have always been great!

Should say on the package, around the label...should be a USDA stamp with "Choice", "Prime", or "Select."  Just curious, but not that important on brisket.  I've used all three grades, and find the Prime and Choice a little better.  I think the tolerances on Select get a little loose, sometimes.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

Barrel99

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 12:40:51 AM »
Is that full brisket? I have never seen a 16 lb flat.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

paidin

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 01:04:07 AM »
yes that is for a full brisket

paidin

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »

Should say on the package, around the label...should be a USDA stamp with "Choice", "Prime", or "Select."  Just curious, but not that important on brisket.  I've used all three grades, and find the Prime and Choice a little better.  I think the tolerances on Select get a little loose, sometimes.

I was too lazy to go outside and check what the package says.  (Its cold outside so I just tossed it in the snow out back to keep cold until I can smoke it)  I did find another one on clearance at walmart for $2.58 a pound.  17 pounds also.  This time, I checked it out while it was in the shopping cart to see what it says and it does indeed say USDA Choice beef.  So there you go, choice brisket 17 pounds, $2.58 per pound :)  expires March 02 2015.

paidin

DivotMaker

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
Great deal for Choice, Paidin!  You got a good one! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas