Author Topic: Please help me before i order my SI3  (Read 4124 times)

40 caliber

Please help me before i order my SI3
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
OK I have had the SI2 for about 6 months but I love this thing so much I like to invite people over to have some. There is just no good cue in the north east  (if anyone knows of any in NH, besides your house, let me know and I will take this back).

Anyway, My  SI2 does all I need for me and even my extended family. I get to a point however, I just need to be able to cook more.  I do plan to sell the SI2 so I have questions about some of the accessories I bought.

I will be getting the SI3 vs the 3d. the extra $200 isn't the issue for me. its really why do I need it?
I have decided by asking the experts, I probably don't. (you may and that is ok).

My question :  do the racks in the SI2 fit in the Si3? I know they will be shorter but since I bought a 5th meat rack for my SI2, I think I can live with a shorter rack on the last row vs buying a new one. I also have 2 seafood grates. if those fit in the SI3, they will meet my needs for the seafood that I cook. the outer dimensions look the same but I figure some of you have both units (Tony?).

could one of you just slide a rack from the 2 into the 3 and let me know? or if you have already done it, that's fine. I'll trust you. haha.

thanks to all for great info and making me the guy to see for CUE in my neighborhood.
Tom From NH
My two favorite things are  my Victory Motorcycle riding the tail of the dragon. and making the CUE!

kz0m

• Carl
Re: Please help me before i order my SI3
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
I have the 3D, not the 2, the specs show the inside width of the 2 & 3 are the same 15" wide, your 2 shelving, all of them should slide right into the 3, just shorter as you stated.
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, Tom!  Been a crazy weekend, and I got behind. :-[   Yes, the #2 and #3 racks are the same width.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

40 caliber

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:20:44 AM »
Thanks guys , works for me!
Tom From NH
My two favorite things are  my Victory Motorcycle riding the tail of the dragon. and making the CUE!

es1025

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »
If you can swing it, go for the #3.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

40 caliber

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 05:33:09 AM »
Well I just ordered my second smoking it in 6 months. gosh I am hooked!

I ordered the 3D!  I was going to just go with the 3. after everything I read,  I thought that would be enough. after reading more and more, I decided to buy once and cry once. (or once more as it were)

the 2 is great but I end up inviting so many over that the 2 doesn't cut it. Anyway hopefully the 3d works well and the learning curve is short!

Tom
Tom From NH

Donmac

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:05:00 AM »
Tom if you are thinking about selling the #2, I may be interested and I'm also in NH.
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner

dibiase

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »
Congrats on the 3D Tom.  I just got mine a week ago and have already used it twice.  It is actually really easy to use so the learning cure isn't very steep.  I already have two more smokes planned for this weekend. 
Chris from Wausau, WI
Smokin It 3D

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 08:03:16 PM »
Congrats on the upgrade!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

40 caliber

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »
Tom if you are thinking about selling the #2, I may be interested and I'm also in NH.

I will be selling it Donmac but  not till July unfortunately. I have a Cue for 40-50 people at my mothers and will probably have ribs smoking out of both of them at that time!
Tom From NH

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 08:56:53 PM »
Congrats, Tom!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Donmac

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:56:25 AM »

I will be selling it Donmac but  not till July unfortunately. I have a Cue for 40-50 people at my mothers and will probably have ribs smoking out of both of them at that time!

That would be fine. I'm not in any rush as I have the #1 still. Let me know when you are ready to sell it. thanks
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner