Author Topic: 2nd smoke frist ribs  (Read 2486 times)

agconn910

2nd smoke frist ribs
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
did ribs today   they where very tender and moist  did the no peek method the bark was a little chewy   had a problem with my temp knob   looks like it is striped   i went to the mods forum and looked at the mod there   my knob looks different than the one shown   sent a text to Steve will see what he says   this is my second smoke and i love this smoker  :)   i also did start my smoker on low temp for 1/2 hour then turned it up to 225  i was very pleased with how quickly i had tbs   about 45 minutes into the smoke   i used about 2oz of apple wood and 1 of hickory added about 8 oz of apple juice in miss Lilly's container set it next to the fire box   wow just got a text back from steve talk about customer service  so glad i bought my smokin-it
gary from northern ohio                                                     
smokin-it  model #3

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: 2nd smoke frist ribs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »
Sounds successful.  Steve is quick and personable.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »
Sounds like good results, all around, Gary!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:58:18 AM »
Sounds great, and kudos to Steve.    I am now using the start low method on each smoke...about 1/2 hour on a setting of under 100F, then raise the temp to 225.   I did a batch of chicken thighs yesterday with this method and liked the tbs as well.   However, when I raised the temp to 225, I did get a few burps/puffs of smoke, and then it was back to normal.   I can live with this over the explosive burp that I have seen in the past!

BTW...I also tried the mixer to produce pulled chicken...perfect solution!   I will post a picture under that thread later today.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

agconn910

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
i got a text from steve this morning knob is being shipped  i can not say enough about the great customer service and what a great smoker the smokin-it is   i bought my smoker at the expo  talked to steve twice before buying it  he took a lot of questions i had and was eager to answer them all    great company and awesome smoker
gary from northern ohio                                                     
smokin-it  model #3