Author Topic: New #3  (Read 1739 times)

abaran

New #3
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:10:01 PM »
My number three arrived on Monday. I am finally able to season it today not an easy task waiting so long.
So far the only thing I've noticed it does fluctuate from 250- 280, not too bad. I did get the PID but I have not played with it, I think I'm a little intimidated by it. The plan for the weekend is baby back ribs on Saturday and maybe a pork shoulder on Sunday. The shoulder will let me play with the PID.
Andre:SI3 with Auber, Weber kettle , Weber gas,and a  seldom  used char-broiler.
"A well-instructed people alone can be permanently a free people "-James Madison

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: New #3
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »
Welcome to the club!  Yeah, the waiting is tough.  Now that it's here, you'll have lots of happy times ahead!  I noticed you referenced the temps during seasoning:  completely forget them and don't worry about empty box temps, as they're all over the place (usually).  Once you get a load of meat and a water pan in there, they will be much more realistic and stable.

Hang out with us when you can, and please contribute to the discussions and recipes.  We're all about sharing and helping each other here, so don't be afraid to join in! ;)

Welcome aboard!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!