Author Topic: shipping cost?  (Read 3498 times)

4wd-n-archery

shipping cost?
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:59:34 PM »
About ready to pull the trigger on a #3. Don't know what to expect to pay for shipping. In Michigan about 30 miles north of Detroit. What has some other members paid?

Etex

Re: shipping cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »
Just go through the process and add the shipping at checkout and it will give shipping options.  You will see the final cost and do not have to complete the process.

4wd-n-archery

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
Oof.  Adds $117. Ouch. Might make more sense to pick it up. Probably $70 in gas with wife's mini van.

Etex

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
Good idea.  Frugal is better.  Now convince your wife that you will be a really smart shopper and take what you saved and buy a cart for it to set on.  You will not regret either purchase. 

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:02:42 AM »
Or if you want to please wifey, tell her that you will get her some new shoes with the difference. LOL
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

Three Sons BBQ

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:19 AM »
I did the in store pickup and that worked well. Saving shipping cost on SI3 and cart really added up. At that point since I was driving there I wanted to pickup other stuff I wasn't sure I needed like the Auber controller.

That said the whole purchase was over $900 which was adding up but in the long run a good deal and more convenient.

How far away do you live is it a 4 hour drive? If yes it's worth the drive...
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »
Shipping costs not-with-standing, you won't get a better smoker for the money. Capacity, wheel size, wattage, cord length, warranty details (read and compare), cost of accessories:  nothing comes close.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:34:00 AM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

4wd-n-archery

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
Yes. 4 hours. Just having a hard time finding an 8 hour block to go get it. Between work during the week, and my son's karate and archery on the weekends. I'm sure I will figure something out.
 Even with the shipping, still seems to be the best deal of anything else I'm looking at.
Thanks for the re-assurance.