Author Topic: How to get free shipping?  (Read 13230 times)

501 Smoque

How to get free shipping?
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »
Is there a way or code i can use?

Three Sons BBQ

Re: How to get free shipping?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
Not that I have seen. Nor have I heard that be offered.
Brinkmann '07... Offset '11... Smokin-It '13!!!

501 Smoque

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »
Its just alot of money and i cook so good on my webber grill and gas grill i just dont kno if this smoker is needed dont get me wron i like smoked butt ribs brisket etc but man do u think ill be happier with the #3 than my grills i love bbq and i love the hobby just keep thinking $$$$ vs smoker but it is a great deal tho i love bbq chicken wings and i love the fact i can set it and forget it

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »
Smoque, I've never seen free shipping, and not sure we will (quite a bit of money).  As to your other question...it all depends on the level of "involvement" you want.  Traditional stick burner folks, competitors and the like, love the process of cooking their Q.  They love tending to the smoker every minute, staying with it, monitoring its every breath (so to speak).  I don't, but love good BBQ.  Also, only you know how much you like smoked foods, so factor that in, too.

When I decided to take the plunge, I thought the same thing.  I'm pretty darn good with my old Weber gasser, and I just don't know.  Well, let me tell you, it was the best "cooking" decision I ever made!  The simplicity lends to use.  With traditional smokers, there's lots of preparation, and then tending while it's cooking.  With a Smokin-It unit, it's set and forget!  The only real "prep" work is on the meat!  A couple sheets of foil for the smoker, a little wood (and I mean a LITTLE) in the smoke box, and it's ready!  No preheating, no fiddling with charcoal or wood until it's "just right;"  this is truly "plug and play!"  Meat in, set the temp, remotely monitor (with a thermometer like the Maverick ET-732), and pull it out when done!  My cook time starts when I close the door and set the temp, and ends when I open the door to remove the food!

I now use mine almost every weekend, and sometimes twice in a weekend!  Cleanup is easy, and so is the smoking!  I call this "Lazy Q" at its finest!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

501 Smoque

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »
Thx brother im going all in....thank you very much i was just over thinking it and u really helped me thx i love to Q and i love eating it im so ready i just hope my meat stays moist bc i hate dry tough meat

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »
I forgot to mention moisture!  That's where these really shine!  You have a very "efficient" environment (well-insulated, airtight, with controlled airflow into and out of the box).  Add a little moisture pan next to the smoke box, and you create enough moisture in the box to keep the meat well...moist!  Check out some of the pictures of finished meat on here; you'll be hard-pressed to find "dry" meat in the pics!  I have NEVER had a cook end with dry meat.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

501 Smoque

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »
Do u have a #3 or?

501 Smoque

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
Do u cook with pid

DivotMaker

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
Model 1, no PID. 
Tony from NW Arkansas

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
501 - Shipping is a lot of money.  But you are getting a lot of smoker for it.  And it arrives quickly.

As some of the folks here know, I have my fair share of outdoor cookers, to include a stick burner with an offset fire box.  Great smoker, wonderful food. The electric uses wood as well and produces wonderful food.  The big difference is I can put a butt on at bed time and have pulled pork sandwiches for lunch and not have to do any watching or tending, other than to check the internal temperature of the meat when I know it is getting close, sometime after the 12 hour mark.  That is worth it's weight in gold. Moist smokey goodness.  And I got a good nights sleep. 

My days of fussing are almost done.  Not quite, but almost.  I still have a fondness for the old barrel, and will light 'er up for a rib or two on occasion (like looking over old family pictures, lest we forget).

So rest easy and get ready for the adventure.

Dave
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
Nice analogy on the family pics, Dave!  That really is the difference, in a nut shell!
Tony from NW Arkansas

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
I too think that messing with a smoker over all the time and fussing with wood/charcoal/fuel is the bane of my existence, I just want a good smoke. These work perfectly and use nearly no wood to get results that work.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
Amen.  And the only item lacking in an otherwise complete package was the bottle opener. And I see that it has been duly attended to.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
yes, that is an added feature that I do think that should be manditory....LOL
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

DivotMaker

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »
Funny thing about the bottle opener, though, is I'm usually inside during my smokes, not out tending the smoker!  Hehe!  Guess I need to mount one on my fridge, too! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas