Author Topic: 3.5D dimensions  (Read 1155 times)

Alsaleen

3.5D dimensions
« on: December 06, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »
Possibly ordering a 3,5D i was wondering if anyone knows about the dimensions, the website states it is 15 wide by 22 deep by 28 tall.

Does anyone know if the tall dimension is useable, on the PK100 its 29" from the inside top of the unit to the Drip tray.     

id just like to know if i can hang summer usage in the 3.5D. If its 28 from top to bottom but the heating element and smoke box take away from that it may not be tall enough.           

Thanks in advance!
hopefully i can join the forum as owning a 3.5D!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: 3.5D dimensions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »
You are already in the forum and welcome. I would check with Steve on the useable interior dimensions. If you get in touch with Steve (the owner of SI), check the measurements on the model 4 which is pretty much the same price as the PK. I know I mentioned elsewhere to compare the smokers feature by feature and I am confident you have done that. PK has been around a long time as has Smoking-it. Besides sausage, if you are going to smoke large cuts with spices and marinades and such, the stainless steel racks which are standard on the SI smokers should outlast the chrome  on the racks on competing models. SI Smokers have no gasket to wear out; sealing is a compression fit. And the smoker will seal a little smoke from the top of the door but after some use it pretty much seals up.  And it really is not a problem since the smoke is passing over the meat on its way out.  I mention this because it is a concern for some folks till they get used to it. Steve/SI also has a Facebook page with a store and once in a while will have a special price on some items, but not all the time. SI warrants all smokers for 3 years including the analog controller while the digital and wi-fi controllers by themselves carry a 1 year warranty. Enjoy whatever you get.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus