Author Topic: WOOT Food Saver  (Read 975 times)

old sarge

• Global Moderator
WOOT Food Saver
« on: February 22, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »
For those without a food vac sealer or just wanting a new unit, Woot has the Food Saver Game Saver at a ridiculous price:
https://home.woot.com/offers/foodsaver-gamesaver-vacuum-black-1?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_home_11_5
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

barelfly

Re: WOOT Food Saver
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »
I have a cabelas brand vac sealer, but that said, I love it! Regardless of brand name, these things are game changers when it comes to freezing food. I made four bags of green chile stew last night and they store so well, lying flat.

And for bbq, they work great for left overs!

Get a Sous Vide machine and you are on the way as well!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 07:15:38 PM »
I will personally never buy another 'Foodsaver' product...  they're low quality, fail constantly, are hard to use, and very expensive to operate.  I switched to a VacMaster Pro purchased from https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com/ along with their bags and I couldn't be happier.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 03:16:57 AM »
I have a probably 15-year-old Food Saver that is still kicking, and I have no problem with the Food Saver sealers. I still like to use my Food Saver when seasoning and letting my full racks of ribs get happy as I can't fit a full rack of ribs in my chamber sealer. The bags that I can make from the rolls work perfectly. So, I still can't get rid of the trusty old Food Saver.

My parents have a Vacmaster Pro 350 suction pump sealer and I have a VacMaster VP215 Chamber Sealer and I am happy with both of them too.

The one advantage of the VacMaster products is that they have a number of replaceable parts that allow you to replace items to keep your sealer going whereas Food Saver is a little more limited. I found that the key to keeping my Food Savor going is to rub a little food-grade white oil on the gasket occasionally.

The cheaper suction pump sealers are great and I would highly recommend getting one if you can't afford or want to spend the money for a chamber sealer. I absolutely love my Chamber sealer, but I just wish that it could be a little lighter as it weighs a ton!!! I transport it a couple of times a year to my parent's house for "Sausage-A-Palooza" and "Snack-Stick-A-Palooza" and it is a bear to carry. Thankfully I usually have my boys to help their old man out when moving it.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.