Author Topic: Christmas Wish  (Read 1107 times)

CPlant

Christmas Wish
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:48 PM »
Howdy from the Lone Star State! Seasoned my #1 within two days of receiving her (like most epic equipment, most definitely a "her"  ;D ). Christened with 5 lbs of chicken breast. Have a freezer full of hog, deer and beef destined for great things! My heart's set on some venison meat treats for Christmas Day. Any thoughts/suggestions welcomed. Looking forward to learning and smokin' with y'all!!
Bring on the meat sweats.

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
Re: Christmas Wish
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »
Welcome for Louisiana, a lot of good  advise and suggestions on the forum, look under whats cooking
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2

Hank R

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 04:21:04 PM »
Welcome from western Canada.
Smokin-It #1
Napoleon Prestige gas BBQ with Cast Iron Charcoal/Smoker Tray
 30 year old Big Chief smoker (unused for the last 25)
 Snow blower lover Toro 1128 HD,
 collector of Oilcans
Princeton BC Canada

CPlant

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »
MC1960 - Thanks! Have fond memories of my mom bonking a gator on the nose for trying to steal our chicken while crabbing.

Hank R - Appreciate that! Enjoyed an epic vacation in Alberta. First time to walk on a bog.
Bring on the meat sweats.

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 08:25:04 PM »
So you're a meat eating Plant, eh?  :)  Welcome to the family.  I'm in Garland, so we're possibly neighbors unless you're on the other side of the country... er, state.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

Durangosmoker

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 12:13:45 AM »
Welcome from the Hudson Valley. As I have a friend who took 5 deer off my property, I have a freezer full of Thank You cuts. Looking forward to hearing about your experiments.
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.