Author Topic: Hello from micigan.  (Read 1322 times)

Tchunter88

Hello from micigan.
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
Hello everyone, I have been reading all brands of electric smoker fourms. The people on this fourm are great sales men/women. Lol...Thank you all for your knowledge/tips and tricks in advance. Yes I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on #2....
A little about me I enjoy family first, wife kids and grandkids. In no particular order,  my passions are - hunting both bow and gun all tho I prefer bow, fishing, golfing, riding my Harley and of course smoking  good food for family and friends....

I only have two years experience in smoking and that is using a Oklahoma Joe Highlander, great wood smoker for the price. Took me some time to learn how to use the baffles to control my heat but after a while I was making some good ribs, chicken and fish....But what I found in a regular wood smoker is it was taking time away from family and friends while they were over. So I'm hoping the electric smoker is my answer to provide good smoke food and quality time with family.
Keep your belly's full with great smoky flavor meats...Hope to see you in the various topic sections.
Tc.
Michigan

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
Re: Hello from micigan.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 01:12:48 PM »
Welcome from Louisiana, I got my #2 on Tuesday, seasoned it and cooked a couple of pretty good racks of baby backs on Friday, pretty much set and come back when it is time to do something else. I am brand new to smoking, been grilling on gas grill, but first smoker, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »
Welcome Tc from SE Arizona. Being in Michigan, you could probably make arrangements with Steve to visit his place and pick it up. 
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Hank R

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »
Welcome from Western Canada.  :)
Smokin-It #1
Napoleon Prestige gas BBQ with Cast Iron Charcoal/Smoker Tray
 30 year old Big Chief smoker (unused for the last 25)
 Snow blower lover Toro 1128 HD,
 collector of Oilcans
Princeton BC Canada

Rich B

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »
Welcome from a fellow Michigander!  I have a #3 up at my lake house near Port Sanilac and a #1 at home.....  you will be amazed at the difference of the "lazy-Q" lifestyle, enjoy!!
Rich from S.E. MI, and summers in the thumb!
#3 (soon to be a 3D after I upgrade) at the lake
#1 at home
Weber Gas Grills at both locations

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
Welcome from Delaware, Tc!     The #2 is a great choice and I am sure you will be very pleased with the Q that it will produce. Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
Welcome from ND TC!

If you are looking for easy to use and more time with your family and friends, then you have come to the right spot. As Rich mentioned, we call it "Lazy-Q" around here because it is so easy to use the Smokin-It smokers.

The #2 is a great general sized smoker that can do most anything you are going to want to do. I purchased the #3 because I like to do whole racks of ribs (which fit) and whole packer briskets (which fit) without cutting them in half. Plus, I hunt too and between my kids, brother, sister, and parent's families, we process about 400lbs of venison/pork combination products per year. We do a lot of snack sticks, country style sausage, and jerky, so the #3 is a minimum size for what we are doing. If I can ever scrounge up enough money, I am going to get a #4 or #5. :)

Best of luck on your Smokin-It journey and let us know if you have any questions.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.