Author Topic: Hi from Maryland  (Read 2855 times)

dcrobbins

Hi from Maryland
« on: December 11, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »
Greetings everyone.  All I asked for for Christmas was a Smokin It #2.  There's a large cardboard box in my garage, so I guess I was nice this year.  Can't wait to fire it up in 2 weeks!
Dan from Maryland
SmokinIt #2

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Hi from Maryland
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »
Don't wait for two weeks.   Tell Santa needs a test run (or 3) before the big day.   Congrats, enjoy.

John
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »
Congrats, Dan, and welcome!  Santa will understand if you do a few "test runs," for evaluation purposes, of course! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

bigfoot21075

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:30 AM »
Greetings everyone.  All I asked for for Christmas was a Smokin It #2.  There's a large cardboard box in my garage, so I guess I was nice this year.  Can't wait to fire it up in 2 weeks!

If you are near Elkridge, just open your windows my #3 will be going all day!
Large Big Green Egg, Natural Gas Weber, Weber Silver Kettle,  Roundboy Wood Fired  Pizza Oven, Smokinit #3

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Welcome from Indiana.  I love my #2.

Dont wait, pre-season it and get smoking, your family will thank you.  By the time i Brined my first 9.5 boston butt, it was over 30 hrs from the time of prep to when we could eat.  Granted there are several smokes that take less time.  All of which are quite rewarding.

Cheers!
Chris - Indiana
Model #2
Maverick 733
Weber Genesis Platinum

BobAndLinda

• I'm an artist, paint dogs/sporting scenes
    • Bertram Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:24 AM »
Life is short, open it and enjoy!!!
Let's eat!

Walt

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »
I received mine 3 days before Christmas and cooked Christmas dinner for 15.  Having it a few days early allowed me to season it & have a couple of smaller test cooks prior to the big day.  Christmas dinner last year was a complete success. Pork shoulder, ribs, mac & cheese with smoked gouda & cheddar, black eyed pea tart & vegetables.  The practice was helpfull.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
I agree. Your gift could be some good eats for your family for Christmas.

You could still wrap and open the box and be surprised if you want ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

dcrobbins

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »
These are some logical arguments.  I think it will have to be opened this weekend!  I'll get it seasoned and ready to cook for family over the Xmas break.  Bigfoot- I'm not far at all, Ellicott City.
Dan from Maryland
SmokinIt #2