Author Topic: model 1 overheating  (Read 1570 times)

sweetleaf99

model 1 overheating
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:42:44 PM »
I seen someone with the model 2 is having the same issue as me. I put in a pork shoulder last night and set the smoker to 225. i was watching the temp with a thermaworks smoke and the internal temp of the smoker was over 300 within an hour and half of starting. went out and turned it down below 200 and it turned off and the temp dropped to 230 after a while and it heated right back up to 300+ again. I called it quits for the night. I seen here someone recommended cleaning the internal probe and that would fix their problem so i cleaned it and did a dry run this morning and its still doing the same thing. Once it clicks on it will not turn off. I bought the model 1 5/19 and used it 10-12 times so far. I wiped down the inside of the smoker after each use. Any ideas on what the issue is? thanks guys.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: model 1 overheating
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »
Best advice I can give you is contact Steve during normal business hours. Your unit is still under warranty.  By the way, there  is no need to wipe down or clean the interior of the smoker after each use.  Removing the grease drippings from the bottom and cleaning the racks should be more than sufficient.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus