Author Topic: Temp dial help  (Read 998 times)

Dride52

Temp dial help
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:11:19 PM »
I recently brought a model 2 analog smoker and I feel like something is off with the dial. The power light doesn't come on until the dial hits 225, but i am unable to turn the dial much past 250. I feel like something needs adjusted, but a 25 degree range of temperature selection when the dial spans 150 degrees seems off.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Temp dial help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
How recent is recent?  Have you been able to season the smoker and use it or has the problem been present from the get go?  As for going past 250, that is the limit.  When you visit the main site, you can find adjustment instructions in the For the Customer section.  Also, here on the forum, you can search for adjusting the temp controller.  If none of the posted assistance solves the problem, send a message to Steve.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Dride52

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 06:30:41 AM »
I've used it about 10 times and this is a recent problem. I didn't mean to imply I wanted it to go past 250, I just meant that the smoker only has power from 225 to 250, so an adjustment to the analog dial shouldn't fix the solution as the range is so limited.

Thanks for the response. I'll reach out to Steve if the problem persists.

Lonzinomaker

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
Does the smoker heat up when turned to 160-180 or only when light is on? If it isn't heating up until light comes on, then I think you have a bad thermostat.  They are easy to replace.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA