Author Topic: inherited a moldy #2  (Read 6940 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: inherited a moldy #2
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 03:15:59 PM »
Hey Bob, Good luck and lets know what you used on the mold. And when you return from the beer run. As here is 90 going for a high of 95 with nasty humidity. Summer is trying to hold on, supposed to be in upper 90's this week.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

BIG BOB

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »
thanks Bill...
90s here in Indiana too. But after the 8th of September however, the long - range forecast is calling for 70s or below during the rest of September.

the mold will be taken care of this weekend..... i will let you all know .
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:46 AM »
Not a mold issue but recently I had a mouse problem on the patio- 3 in 2 days. With the summer rains they were heading for high ground. Well, I tracked them to the smoker; came up through the drain hole and set up housekeeping. I used easy off and stripped off the seasoning and other evidence of bbq right down to bare stainless.  Wiped out the heavy stuff then rinsed it with a hose and sponged it. Dried it with paper towels, and then let it air out for a few hours. The inside looked new again.  Added wood and fired it up to re-season. No harm done.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

elkins20

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 12:45:36 PM »
Hey David, sounds like you need a cat or two. I hate mice and also spiders..My neighbor makes wine and I got a couple of corks from him and put in my smokers blow hole.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

elkins20

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »
thanks Bill...
90s here in Indiana too. But after the 8th of September however, the long - range forecast is calling for 70s or below during the rest of September.

the mold will be taken care of this weekend..... i will let you all know .

Hey Bob, send me some of that cool air. This morning was 76 and is going to a high of 96.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »
I used a large bolt, a washer and JB Weld to hold the washer and bolt together as a steel plug. They cannot gnaw through that.  Totally my fault. For some reason (laziness comes to mind) I did not pull the foil and clean up after my last smoke. Cats are are a good idea but not with a couple of dogs.

Smoke On!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

elkins20

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »
I used a large bolt, a washer and JB Weld to hold the washer and bolt together as a steel plug. They cannot gnaw through that.  Totally my fault. For some reason (laziness comes to mind) I did not pull the foil and clean up after my last smoke. Cats are are a good idea but not with a couple of dogs.

Smoke On!

Hey David, Some cats and dogs get along pretty good. But, I think they have to be raised together. Your bolt and washer sound better than my wine cork.