Author Topic: Fried Summer Treat  (Read 3553 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Fried Summer Treat
« on: August 14, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »
This was a first and had to try it.  Went to a gas engine and tractor show to end the summer trips!  School in a week, where does time go.

Fried cheese curd!  Wow!

A few pieces went a long way.......................

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Fried Summer Treat
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »
Gotta love the John Deere green, that Grandboy looks mighty happy. What is fried cheese curd? Is that like cottage cheese fried?
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:11:15 PM »
I knew someone would ask:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd

Five people in line asked me the same thing.   Around here it's a northern PA lower NY thing.  No where in central PA can I find curd.

It was a good day until a 1hour 1/2 stoppped ON the Susquenanna bridge.  Accident.   But we took some good pictures.  Thank goodness for AC in a newer car on a 90 degree day with a 4 year old!   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
Gotta love the John Deere green, that Grandboy looks mighty happy. What is fried cheese curd? Is that like cottage cheese fried?

Take a ride through Wisconsin sometime...cheese curds are EVERYWHERE!  They sell many varieties, from the local cheese makers, at every convenient store and grocery store!  They're great!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »
Wow, thanks for the information about the cheese. Also the poutine looks really good. That could be a meal with french fries and brown gravy. Also really nice picture of the bridge and river. It looks really high, mean the level of the river.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:53:53 AM »
Fairly historic view.  Those green growing pylons you see are what remains of the 1863 bridge.  A few months before Gettyesburg I think. 

The South took York for awhile, but the North burned down that bridge keeping the south away from Lancaster and maybe Philadelphia.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
John,

Do you eat with any dipping sauce or just as they are?

Greg

elkins20

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »
I did not think they got that far north, the South I mean. Hmmmm I guess we do learn something everyday. Thanks for the information as like Civil War information. There was several battles close to Kansas City. And a museum at Lone Jack. One battle was at Westport on the south end of Kansas City, and a second at Lone Jack, one at Liberty just north of Kansas City, Lexington which is east of Kansas City. 

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »
They came with honey mustard, but mostly we ate just as is.   Ranch would work too or BBQ

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
I think they are great.  Watched more food channel recently and saw a great use of them.  The base was a plate of French fries then a pile of cheese curds covered with pulled pork and gravy.  It looked like a wonderful hot mess. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
This was a first and had to try it.  Went to a gas engine and tractor show to end the summer trips!  School in a week, where does time go.

Fried cheese curd!  Wow!

A few pieces went a long way.......................
Looks like the young guy is a future smoker!
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs