Author Topic: Peach Jalapeno salsa  (Read 3500 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Peach Jalapeno salsa
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
Sorry for the blurry, turned out well, good on more than chips.

4 peaches, ripe but firm
1/2 red onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper

1 jalapeno chili, seeded in you wish

2 TBS honey
1 TBS veggie or evoo oil
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup cilantro

Salt and pepper to taste.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Peach Jalapeno salsa
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:33 AM »
This year planted a Belle of Georgia peach tree and after the blooms I had 15 peaches. Waiting for them to ripen, when they got between a golf ball and hard ball size. The squirrel's stripped the tree, little devils. But, the tree is doing really well. No fresh peaches this year, maybe next year.  :'(
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Tyarra

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 02:38:33 AM »
When I was growing up, we had a peach tree in our back yard ... every other year was a huge harvest - the 'off' year was not quite as abundant, and I've been told this is typical behavior.  So, look for 30 peaches next year!
Leah from North Texas
--
"I didn't move to Texas to become a vegetarian!"
    - tee-shirt

elkins20

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:01 AM »
Thanks Leah, also going to make some sort of a net so the squirrels won't get them. But, that is good to know. Also seems like mine were about the size of a green walnut when the squirrels went after them.  >:( I wonder how squirrel would be smoked?
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

drains

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »
Thanks Leah, also going to make some sort of a net so the squirrels won't get them. But, that is good to know. Also seems like mine were about the size of a green walnut when the squirrels went after them.  >:( I wonder how squirrel would be smoked?
Just "peachy"!  ;)
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
To keep the varmints out of my bird feeders I put a metal cone with open side down and the small side around the post. The critters can't figure out how to get around it. Might try that. Obviously won't work if the birds decide they like peaches. ;)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

elkins20

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 10:32:08 PM »
I might try that. What is really funny there is a black walnut tree about 75 feet from my peach tree. I guess the little guys just got lazy.

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »
Costco got me hooked on a mango salsa a few years ago and then quit carrying it.  That looks a lot like it.  Might be worth trying with a variety of fruit.

This year was my peach tree's off year and the birds got the few I had. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »
Costco got me hooked on a mango salsa a few years ago and then quit carrying it.  That looks a lot like it.  Might be worth trying with a variety of fruit.

This year was my peach tree's off year and the birds got the few I had.

John's recipe looks great, but if you have an Aldi by you they carry mango salsa in mild and hot. I use it in my mango burritos.

Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »
Mango should also work, just don't use mushy ones.   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

elkins20

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
Dave, the squirrels stripped my new peach tree. Had 15 peaches and they took everyone. The sad part about 100 feet from my peach tree is a black walnut tree. The lazy devils, but feel your pain in losing your peaches to birds.