Author Topic: Last name snafu with Smokelicious wood order  (Read 4008 times)

Tom

Last name snafu with Smokelicious wood order
« on: April 02, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »
This should be good for a tiny chuckle.

I placed my first order from Smokelicious sometime around Wednesday and was excited to have the "Big Dang Box" of wood to use this weekend. I got home late last night, seeing a huge box on my front doorstep and eagerly opened her up only to find a box filled with very fine wood chips.

I did a Homer Simpson big "D'OH!!" and went and grabbed my laptop to check my order. Even though I triple checked my order before clicking submit, to make sure I was ordering the more ideal double filets for our smoker, I was now paranoid that I somehow messed something up.

Nope. Order was right.

Now, I already knew before I even placed my order, the spectacular reputation for excellent customer service from Smokelicious, so I had no concerns at all about getting it set right. I sent an email along with a photo of my box full of chips and  early the next morning I got a apologetic reply.

The likely reason, humorously enough, even after passing thru no less than 6 different people's hands, with my order not mentioning "chips" anywhere......

My last name....

Yeah, my last name is Chips. I received a honest apology and and a promise to set it right, so now I'm going to have a lot of darn smoke wood stocked up!

Donna seemed like such a nice person. I told her not to worry and that I actually found it slightly humorous.

I think I'll change my last name to Chunks on all my subsequent orders.

8)
Tom- SF bay area

Smokin-It 3D
WSM
Anova Sous Vide

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Re: Last name snafu with Smokelicious wood order
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 11:14:28 PM »
Smokelicious always comes through when the Chips are down!  LOL
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 11:48:10 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

G man

• Gordon Radford Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
I think I should change my name to "free samples".

Gordo
50 Miles West of St. Louis, Misery
#2,  and Master Forge Big Green Vertical Charcoal Smoker, (it is now for sale!)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
I think I should change my name to "free samples".
;D
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »
Too funny, Tom!  Yeah, Donna is great!  What are the odds???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

wehill

• Walt
    • Claire and Walt's Underwater Adventure and Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 04:59:19 PM »
Smokelicious always comes through when the Chips are down!  LOL
Well, they ought to take care of their customers.  Paying $25.00, plus, for a few "pounds" of wood is pretty stiff.  I ordered a box, but it was darn hard to do.  I've built lots of cabinets, desks and dining room tables out of many different types of wood and then smoked meat. with the scraps and never had an issue with taste etc.  I'm going to give this Smokelicious wood a chance.  But, I am going to do some research using the Smokelicious wood versus my scraps.  I ordered the Hickory, Cherry and Oak.  I will be greatly surprised if I can detect any difference between in the taste of meats smoked with the two sources of wood. 
Walt
http://cwuap.com/gallery-15.htm
Claire and Walt's Underwater Adventures and Photography.
Oklahoma City

Boomer Sooner!